Thomas F. Guidera - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Thomas F. Guidera - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Devaney (Unregistered Guest) on Monday, December 23, 2013 - 04:08 am:  Edit

He was one of the Ironmen of the MP Corps and took the 18th MP Bde to Vietnam - If ever there was an MP who should have been a General officer it was Tom Guidera. He was my Bn Commander in the 95th MP Bn in Okinawa in 1955.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl A. Bandy (Carl_bandy) on Wednesday, February 09, 2011 - 12:17 pm:  Edit

Hi Larry. Great tribute to the COL. Didn't know him personally but from your encounter it sounds like he would have been a great person to serve with. Carl B.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By L Swails (Unregistered Guest) on Tuesday, February 08, 2011 - 02:47 pm:  Edit

In Nov 1960 I was an 18 year old private attending basic MP school at Ft Gordon, GA and on one Sunday was on KP at HQ Company. While on break and out back of the mess hall, a man in civilian clothing came by and started taking, asked my name, age, and where I was from. Wanted to know why I wanted to become an MP, how was the school, the food, and how I was being treated. He talked for about 15-20 minutes and left. Maybe I should have been payng more attention to the chain of command pictures, but the next time I saw this man was on graduation when the entire cycle of MPs were passing in review and there in the spot reserved for the School Commandant was the same man-Col Guidera. Apparently he had been checking on the welfare of his troops. Ironically I had been thinking of him just the week before he died, thinking back on my career. I wonder how many other troops he talked to while there as the Commandant? Other than Col Guidera, I never remembered the name of any other officer at any of the service schools I attended. Last salute to an officer I would have served under anywhere at any time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Wednesday, January 26, 2011 - 07:28 pm:  Edit

COL (Ret) Thomas F Guidera, MPC was born on 7 June 1917. He passed away on 4 January 2011 in Melbourne, FL. No additional information is available at this time.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: