Ralph L. Gore - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Ralph L. Gore - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ernest A. Perry (Unregistered Guest) on Tuesday, January 26, 2010 - 03:15 am:  Edit

Skip was the reason I applied for CID. I first met him when I was a road MP at Ft. Knox in 73. We ended up working several drug cases together over the next couple of years and Skip encouraged me to put my application in, he even wrote my first letter of recommendation for CID (which I still cherish.) We stayed in touch until I left the Army. I regret not keeping up with him and a lot of my CID friends. Since I'm not a member yet, I'd welcome hearing from old friends and partners. Don't want to regret things as I do with Skip. RIP my friend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank M. Woods (Unregistered Guest) on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 10:27 pm:  Edit

I also was with Skip Gore at Ft Knox. A dedicated investigator. God bless.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony F. McAnally (Tony_mcanally) on Monday, May 07, 2007 - 03:18 pm:  Edit

I was assigned to Walter Reed RA and I was sitting there one day and I got a call from Skip. I had never met him before and he advised me he was a CID Agent who had gone blind and he needed someone to assist him clearing from the institution. I immediately went over and got him and we walked around Walter Reed getting him cleared. We talked and he told me that he was going to retire in TX. He gave me some good professional advice. I took him back to the hospital and told him if he needed anything to contact me, but he left a few days later. He seemed like a really good guy and had some funny stories. I wish the best to his family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lee Weese (Lee_weese) on Sunday, May 06, 2007 - 05:03 pm:  Edit

Sorry to hear about Skip Gore. He was a good investigator, a good man and an all around good person.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ronald R. Seekins (Rseekins) on Wednesday, May 02, 2007 - 07:55 pm:  Edit

I worked with Skip at Ft. Knox, KY, in the early '70's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William C. Waninger (Waninger) on Wednesday, May 02, 2007 - 08:20 am:  Edit

Skip and I worked together at the Hanau RA in Germany in the 70's, along with Ed Pope, Phil Lutz, Charlie Newmiller and others. He had two beautiful twin daughters. I learned later that he was medically retired due to a vision problem that was developing while we were in Hanau. If my memory serves me right, the injury (vision) was related to a drug deal gone bad (a chemical was thrown into his eyes).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter L. Yarnall (Yarnallpi) on Tuesday, May 01, 2007 - 09:29 am:  Edit

Bill, this appears to be "our" Skip. I recall when you arrived at Ft Monmouth, coming in from Belgium. Skip and I took you on a "tour" of post one night, when we were chased by the MPs in the duty sedan. I drove off post, they pursued and caught us at a RR crossing. I chewed out the MP and "released" him. The next day the PM called you, complaining about my actions. You told him that you knew everything about it, as you were in the back seat. He hung up. We had some fun times at Monmouth. RIP, Skip

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Tuesday, May 01, 2007 - 08:42 am:  Edit

CW2 (Ret) Ralph L "Skip" Gore, 64, of Fort Myers, FL, died on 10 February 2007. Arrangements were by Fort Myers Memorial Gardens Funeral Home, Ft Myers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Billy H. Bass (Bill_bass) on Monday, April 30, 2007 - 08:50 pm:  Edit

Mickey.....In my May 07 MOAA Magazine, there is a listing in the Memoriam Section for a CW2 Ralph L. Gore. There was a CW2 ralph "Skip" GORE assigned to my office at Ft Monmouth RA in 1976 - 1978. I heard later he was medically retired. Can you verify that the listing in MOAA was a CID Agent, and if so, include relevant particulars.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: