William W. Blalock, Jr. - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): William W. Blalock, Jr. - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louis Patalano III (Louispatalanoiii) on Sunday, December 02, 2018 - 04:36 pm:  Edit

Bill was a great guy. Often find myself thinking of him. RIP Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Ivory (Bill_ivory) on Wednesday, April 25, 2007 - 05:52 pm:  Edit

Ray,

You have hit the nail right on the head.

I seem to have placed the message about Pete in with the mesaages concerning Bill Blaylock. Didnt mean to break that chain, I guess I'm just not thinking right...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Kangas (Cw5retray) on Saturday, April 21, 2007 - 12:05 pm:  Edit

Pete Kearns put the "Special" in Special Agent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Myron R. Pickering (Picknet) on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 08:39 pm:  Edit

I was deeply sadden by the news of Pete's condition. I first met Peter (Bill Ivory, the late Jack Bennett) in the early seventies while assigned to the Special Investigative Team based in Fayetteville, NC investigating the MacDonald murders at Fort Bragg. Not only was it a distinct honor to know and work with Pete, it was one of my lifes greatest pleasures, personnally and professionally. In those early days, I would jokingly refer to Pete as "Peter Lawford"...as I still do today. We stayed in touch on and off over the years (email/phone calls) and as Bill has so thoughfully stated, I also cannot visualize life without Peter Kearns. He, Bill Ivory, COL Jack Pruett, Brian Murtagh, Bob Stevenson (Collette MacDonald's brother) and the late Freddie Kasab (Collette's Step father) individually and collectively are responsible for putting Jeffrey MacDonald where he is today. But Peter Kearns was (and still is) the CID "Quarterback" of that Special Investigative Team. I salute you Mr. Kearns... you and Gladys are in my thoughts and prayers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Ivory (Bill_ivory) on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 11:14 am:  Edit

Yesterday I received news that has hurt me deeply. I learned that a great friend of mine, Peter E. Kearns, has terminal lung cancer. Pete has been my mentor and friend for 37 years, and I cannot visualize a life without him. We started out together working the infamous Macdonald murder case, and developed a lasting friendship. Pete's professionalism was fully in the eyes of the country when, with Col Jack Pruett, they toured New York State, and let everyone they met know that the US Army CID was a most formidable agency. Without his knowledge, and good humor, I doubt that Macdonald would have been sent to trial and convicted. To meet Pete is to be immediately caught up in his great personality. His New York (Buffalo) attitude is infectious. I write this to let all of his friends know of his condition. Lets let Pete know that we care about him and give him a call or email, and of course our prayers. And, to Gladys. Be strong, be hard, and we love you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Ivory (Bill_ivory) on Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 06:43 pm:  Edit

I knew Bill at Ft Bragg in the late 60s & early 70s. He was the evidence custodian there for a while. He was always a very quiet and unassuming gentleman. It was hard sometimes to picture him as a Hardnosed CID Agent. He was one of the good guys. RIP

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Weeden Rockwell Nichols (Weeden_nichols) on Sunday, April 15, 2007 - 11:25 am:  Edit

Though I had not been in touch with him in recent years, I counted Bill as a very good friend. We first met in Saigon in October 1966, and we were classmates in the CI Course in 1967. He had the most remarkable "radio voice" I have ever heard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Friday, April 06, 2007 - 11:19 am:  Edit

CWO (Ret) William W Blalock passed away in his home town of Springlake, NC, on 5 April 2007. (Thanks to RMPA)

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: