John H Day - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): John H Day - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick V. Garland (Pgarland6) on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 05:44 pm:  Edit

Sorry to read this post. John and I attended the CID Course together and met at times in Korea and afterwards. May he rest in peace and God keep watch over Trudy!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary E. George (Gegeorge) on Monday, February 24, 2014 - 01:32 pm:  Edit

Another exceptional CID Special Agent and a close personal friend has ended his watch. John and I were partners at Fort Knox, KY from about ’66 to ’68 or so. John was passionate about his job and it was quite obvious as we worked cases together. We had a lot of good times together and managed to get ourselves into trouble a time or two, for that’s the way it is with good friends. He was a consummate practical joker and he could take it as well as dish it out. Impeccable character with a willingness to jump in to help no matter what the circumstances were. A proud man devoted to his country and family. My condolences and prayers go out to Trudy and the children. Your pain is over now John. Rest in peace my friend….

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Brown (John_brown) on Monday, February 24, 2014 - 08:24 am:  Edit

Didn't know John from active duty, but remember him from association meetings. I remember his passion for cruises and how he always wanted to hold an annual meeting afloat. May he rest in peace.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Friday, February 21, 2014 - 07:05 pm:  Edit

"John was one of our longest serving CIDAA members. He served on the BOD for several years with me and, when health permitted, he attended most of our meetings. John and Trudy had a passion for taking cruises. At one point and time John told me that he and Trudy had taken 32 cruises. Betty and I shared at least one of these cruises and it was easy to see how and why anyone would enjoy this life style. My sympathy, prayers and best wishes go out to Trudy, her two daughters and their son. GOD BLESS!" Jim & Betty Mercer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Friday, February 21, 2014 - 07:01 pm:  Edit

Following is a sad letter from John's wife to Jim & Betty Mercer:

"Feb 17, 2014 Dear Betty and Jim: I wish I did not have to write and tell you that John passed away, Dec 31, 2013 at 7:15 pm two days before his 82 Birthday. We had Delaware Hospice coming to the house in Dec. John passed in the hospital on the 5th day. He had no more bone marrow. Low white blood cells, low platelets. He had to have many blood-transfusions. It hurt to have seen him in so much pain. I miss him, but at the same time he does not have any more pain. He was in a lot of pain off and on for many years. My son is helping me a lot. I am surrounded by widows. Hope you are both well. Take care. Love Trudy"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard B. Greaves (Dick_greaves) on Friday, February 21, 2014 - 05:37 pm:  Edit

Also remember John from his Camp St. Barbara days. A good man who knew his craft and did it well. Great to see him again many years later at several of the CIDAA gatherings. Glad he was able to squeeze in the reunions in between the many cruises he enjoyed. May he rest in peace and peace be with his family. ....Dick and Mary Ann

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Craig - Forum Moderator (Ccraig) on Friday, February 21, 2014 - 04:59 pm:  Edit

Served with John in the Famous 19th CID in 1963-64 time frame. He was one of two Agents assigned from the 19th to Camp Santa Barbara, I Corps Artillery for his whole tour. Enjoyed seeing John at numerous CIDA annual meetings over the years. Attempting to find the Funeral Home that handled his remains and perhaps find some semblance of his Obituary and place of interment. Rest In Peace John. Sincerest condolences to Trudy and family. Carl Craig

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Friday, February 21, 2014 - 08:23 am:  Edit

CWO (Ret) John H Day was born on 2 January 1932 and passed away on 31 December 2013. John was a resident of Dover, Delaware. He was a dedicated long time member of the CIDAA.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: