Curtis P. Banion - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Curtis P. Banion - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. (Unregistered Guest) on Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 09:11 am:  Edit

Curt, I am saddened by your early departure. I knew you for only a few years, but you were one of the good guys. Norma, my prayers are with you and I offer you my sincerest condolences.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By 24joeb@gmail.com (Jbrock) on Thursday, January 23, 2014 - 08:45 am:  Edit

Memorial services for CW3 Curtis Paul Banion, US Army retired, 64, of Anniston, will be at 7 PM on Saturday, February 8, 2014 at K.L. Brown Memory Chapel in Golden Springs. The family will receive friends one hour prior to the service at the funeral home. Mr. Banion passed away on January 20, 2014 at UAB Hospital. Mr. Banion had retired as a criminal investigator in the United States Army. During his enlistment, he received the Meritorious Service Medal, the Army Commendation Medal, the Army Achievement Medal, the Army Good Conduct Medal, the National Defense Service Medal, the Noncommissioned Officer’s Professional Development Ribbon, the Army Service Ribbon, and the Overseas Service Ribbon. For the last 10 years, he had worked as a civilian criminal investigator at the Anniston Army Depot. Mr. Banion is preceded in death by his mother, Dee Walls, and his father, Paul Betty. Mr. Banion is survived by his wife of 27 years, Norma Banion, of Anniston; three children, Lori Wright of Mattoon, Illinois, Bradley Banion of St. Augustine, FL, and Sean Betty of Orena, Illinois; a sister, Lani Dee Farrier of Prattville, AL; his brothers, Sam Copra of Terre Haute, Indiana and Steve Gannaway of Joliet, Illinois; seven grandchildren; three great grandchildren; and a special niece, Gwendy Smith. The family requests donations be made to the Alabama/Gulf Coast Chapter of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, 100 Chase Park 200, Birmingham, AL 35244 (www.lls.org). Norma would like to give a special thanks to Bob, Ron, Will, Wilby, and the friends of the Anniston Army Depot for their support

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: