Wiliam "Bill" Odonnell Jr. - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Wiliam "Bill" Odonnell Jr. - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brauner (Bob) on Friday, January 28, 2022 - 03:38 pm:  Edit

Bill was my first SAC when I was accepted as an Apprentice Agent out to the Hawaiian Armed Forces Police Detachment in Honolulu Hawaii. We are at the Fort Shafter RA along with Bruce Howell, Al Southmayd, both great teachers and a few names I can recall. We all loved golf and were managed by Schofield Field off as Harry DeJone the Operations Officer. Great times, all comedians and my baptism of apprenticeship was carrying his brief case, listening and watch and leaning routine. Drank my picture of beer for my badge and we all loved to play cribbage at lunch time. Fond memories in one of the most beautiful; assignments in the world. Just saw his obit and the memories flowed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl A. Bandy (Carl_bandy) on Friday, January 10, 2014 - 11:24 am:  Edit

Didn't know Bill on active duty but met him several times when we would have CID group meetings at the O Club on Luke. My condolences to PJ and all the family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Sunday, December 29, 2013 - 07:44 pm:  Edit

Bill volunteered and published the CIDAA Newsletter as Editor for ten (10) issues…Vol XLIII, No 2, 13 April 1992, thru Vol XLV, No 3, 18 November 1994. Those dates are according to the Bob Coucoules History of the CIDAA. Bill and his wife, PJ, were staunch supporters of the CIDAA. They attended all meetings until his health declined and prevented travels...like so many older members.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Craig - Forum Moderator (Ccraig) on Sunday, December 29, 2013 - 04:05 pm:  Edit

Since nothing was mentioned about Bill's service to CIDAA, Mickey Head and I are in agreement that Bill should be recgonized and honored for his Service to CIDAA. Can we please prevail upon
the Secretary to check the official CIDAA records and report the years that Bill served as Newsletter Editor? Thanks to Mickey Head for bringing this to light. Perhaps she can answer that question! Carl Craig

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freeman Poole (F_poole) on Sunday, December 29, 2013 - 07:37 am:  Edit

I first met Bill in Baumholder Germany in 1964 and we met again in Viet Nam in 1958 when he was with the 101st Div CID and I was with the 25th Inf Div CID. I enjoyed all the times we worked together and enjoyed just talking with him. Reast in Peace Bill.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Craig - Forum Moderator (Ccraig) on Saturday, December 28, 2013 - 11:17 pm:  Edit

CWO William Joseph "Bill" O'Donnell Jr.
78, of Sun City, AZ passed away on December 14th, 2013. Born in 1935 to Wm. and Doris O'Donnell in Pascoag, RI., he resided in nearby Chepachet with his sister Beverly (Sherman) until joining the US Army in 1953. He was a career solider who proudly served for 20 years, then retired a 2nd time as a Special Agt. from the Natl Auto Theft Bureau. He leaves behind his wife of 54 years, PJ; his sons Michael (Susan); William J III (Kim); & daughter Carleen Lego (Bo). He will be missed by all who knew & loved him including his four grandchildren Ryan, Shannon, Sean and William IV. His celebration of life will be held December 30th at 11am at Church of the Palms, 14808 Boswell Blvd, Sun City, AZ. In lieu of flowers, please send any donations to the D.A.V. at P.O. Box 14301, Cincinnati, OH 45250. Published in The Arizona Republic on Dec. 20, 2013. Courtesy of Mickey Head - 28 Dec 1013.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: