William J. Fitzpatrick - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): William J. Fitzpatrick - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Richard Coupal (Gary_coupal) on Friday, January 24, 2014 - 03:09 pm:  Edit

Fitz, wow, what can I say, I use to sit at the table for hours on end listening to Fitz tell his stories. What a remarkable, warm, funny, kind, direct, gentleman. Some of his stories had me in stitches. RIP Fitz, you certainly earned the right!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Devaney (Unregistered Guest) on Monday, December 23, 2013 - 03:54 am:  Edit

Fitz was my lifelong hero, friend and mentor. One of a kind and his loss is felt by many.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Elmer C. Miller (Elmer_aka_al) on Sunday, December 22, 2013 - 08:38 pm:  Edit

Fitz and I were MP's in the 520th MP Svc. Plt, Berchtesgaden, Germany 1948. He attended our wedding reception on 1 Oct '48. We reconnected at the Colorado Springs Reunion Sept '96 and was with my wife , Dottie and I, at the Hale Koa Hotel, Hawaii for our 50th Anniversary. A true friend, proud ex-Marine battle patrolman, soldier, MP and CID investigator. RIP dear friend. Dottie and Elmer (Al)Miller

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Craig - Forum Moderator (Ccraig) on Sunday, December 22, 2013 - 07:45 pm:  Edit

According to Herb Marlow, it was Fitz's wishes that no obituary be posted, nor any services held. His last wishes were that he be cremated and his cremains be placed beside his deceased wife in Korea. His son and daughter will carry out those wishes. Fitz was a long time personal friend, a very solid gentleman and CID Special Agent, and staunch supporter of CIDAA. It was always a pleasure spending personal time with him at many CIDAA annual meetings. He will be sorely missed. Rest in Peace my friend. Carl Craig

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick V. Garland (Pgarland6) on Sunday, December 22, 2013 - 05:43 pm:  Edit

Just received work from Herb Marlow that William J. Fitzpatrick (Fitz to his friends) passed away this morning at a hospital in California. Fitz was known to a great number of folks, both from his many years with CID but also at the CIDAA Reunions which he seldom missed.

May he rest in peace!!

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: