Joseph W. Kilpatrick - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Joseph W. Kilpatrick - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Stein (Allans35) on Tuesday, December 26, 2006 - 07:43 pm:  Edit

Joe Kilpatrick was my boss at Fort Sam Houston, and was one of the finest men I ever worked with. We have only communicated through Christmas cards in recent years, but I will still miss him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Admin on Sunday, December 17, 2006 - 12:35 am:  Edit

Postings inserted here from the pre-15 Dec 2006 Forum:

By jess d todd on Monday, October 23, 2006 - 02:08 pm:
If I still remember correctly Kilpatrick and I attended the same CID course in 1954. I believe he was a WO at that time. We never crossed paths at any time after that period. By coincidence the last remaining members of my close family resides in Alliance,Ohio. May he rest in peace.

By Charlie Innis on Monday, October 23, 2006 - 01:55 am:
I'm forwarding the obituary of Joe Kilpatrick who died on October 17, 2006 in Alliance, Ohio. Charlie Innis CIDAA Member, Canton, Ohio

-------------------
CW4 Joseph W. Kilpatrick, 90, of Alliance, Ohio, died on Tuesday, October 17, 2006, at Alliance Community Hospital at 10:00 p.m.

Joseph was born on October 7, 1916 in Philadelphia, PA and had lived in Alliance for the past four years after moving from San Antonio, TX.

He was a retired U.S. Army veteran serving during World War II and the Korean Conflict. He was wounded in Belgium in World War II. Joseph spent most of his army career as a CID Agent and served in France, Germany, Japan and Korea as well as many assignments in the continental United States until his retirement in 1969.

Joseph retired from Fulton County Probation in Atlanta, GA where he was employed as a probation officer. Joe was a member of the U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Division Agents Association, VFW and American Legion. He enjoyed the cultural arts and travel.

He is survived by his son, Christian J. (Rita) Kilpatrick of Alliance; a grandson, Ian Kilpatrick of Alliance; a sister, Theresa Malone of Kansas City, MO; a brother, Leo F. Kilpatrick of Houston, TX; and several nieces and nephews. Joseph was preceded in death by his wife, Suzanne (Joannet) Kilpatrick on September 4, 1995. Joseph and Suzanne were married in October 1958 in France where Suzanne was employed at the CID Office in Paris. Also preceding were Joseph’s parents, William and Mary (Fredrickson) Kilpatrick; three sisters, Dorothy Pearson, Patricia Lynch and Mary Kilpatrick; and two brothers, William A. and Charles Kilpatrick.

The family received friends at the Sharer-Stirling-Skivolocke Funeral Home in Alliance on Saturday, October 21, 2006 from 3:00 - 5:00 p.m. Joseph’s remains have been shipped to Porter Loring Mortuaries, 1101 McCullough, San Antonio, Texas, where friends will be received.

Funeral Services will be held at Fort Sam Houston National Cemetery in San Antonio, Texas where full military honors will be conducted.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: