James Robert Davis - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): James Robert Davis - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ralph J. Blevins (Cidralph) on Friday, December 24, 2010 - 08:06 pm:  Edit

Sorry to hear of Jim's passing. He was my Ops for a while in Wurtzburg and Kitzingen during the early 80s. He followed Moriarty. He was a nice guy. God Bless him and his family. Ralph

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Busby (Unregistered Guest) on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 04:52 pm:  Edit

I met Jim when I was working on the drug teams out of Hanau, worked with him in Frankfurt, and ran across him at many locations around the world, saw him last in 1995 while I was working at Ft Myer CID as the Crim Intell civilian. So sorry to hear of Jims passing, he was an interesting guy and he will be missed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norm Weisenfluh (Norm) on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 12:44 pm:  Edit

I am saddened by Jim's passing. Jim was the Operations Officer in Wuerzburg when I was CIS, 1984-1985. He was a great boss and a really nice guy. It was great working for him and we had a lot of fun Kegel bowling on Fridays after work with the Wuerzburg/Northern Bavaria Kripo. I talked to Jim a few times after he retired from the Army but lost touch over the years. My prayers will be with Jim, Elvira and their family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken_minton (Unregistered Guest) on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 11:06 am:  Edit

I'm sorry to hear of the passing of Jim Davis. Unless my mind fails me, he was the Chief of the Investigations Division at Frankfurt District in the mid-70s. I haven't had any contact with him since, but he was a good boss and a good man.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 10:12 am:  Edit

CW4 (Ret) James Robert Davis, a resident of Hanover, MD for 26 years passed away on 16 December 2010 at his residence at the age of 73. James was born on 18 April 1937 in Tampa, FL. James entered the United States Army in June of 1955, as a Military Policeman, until 1969. He then became a Chief Warrant Officer and worked as a Criminal Investigator until his retirement from the United States Army in 1985. After his retirement James continued working in the same field with the Department of Defense (DOD) until he fully retired in 2002. His military career spanned over 30 years taking him to Vietnam for two tours of duty, the first from 1967 until 1968 and again from 1972 until 1973. He is survived by his wife of almost 53 years, Elvira Davis; his four children, Patrick Davis and his wife, Kristi, Stephen Davis and his wife, Betty, Cindy Bell and her husband, Michael and Nicole Sower and her husband, Damian; two brothers, Bryce Davis and his wife, Ann and Richard Davis and his wife, Karen; 13 grandchildren and five great-grandchildren. The family will receive friends at Donaldson Funeral Home & Crematory, P.A. 1411 Annapolis Road, Odenton, MD 21113 on Sunday, 19 December 2010 from 2 to 4 PM. A Funeral Service will be held in the funeral home chapel on Monday, 20 December 2010 at 6 PM. A graveside service will be held at Arlington National Cemetery at a later date. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Hospice of the Chesapeake, 445 Defense Highway, Annapolis, MD 21401. Online condolences may be made at www.donaldsonfuneralhome.com.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: