Mark Wurgess - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Mark Wurgess - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Brown (John_brown) on Tuesday, December 10, 2013 - 07:54 am:  Edit

You are welcome brother Larry. Every thing happens for a reason I reckon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Askew (Larry_askew) on Sunday, December 08, 2013 - 12:42 pm:  Edit

RIP Mark, you served your country well! Condolences to the Wurgess family!

As for Brother-in-Arm John Brown, I stole much more than your assignment to Alaska....for that is where I met my wonderful bride of 40 years! Thank you my friend!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl A. Bandy (Carl_bandy) on Sunday, December 08, 2013 - 12:15 pm:  Edit

If I recall correctly, Mark was at Ft Huachuca in the mid 70's.My condolences to his family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Brown (John_brown) on Friday, December 06, 2013 - 02:24 pm:  Edit

Was at Fort Stewart with Mark, Del Lynn, Tom Foreman, Weldon Carter, Vern Smith, Willie Evans, Ray Davie and more I have forgotten. I left for Korea in the fall of 72 (after Larry Askew stole my assignment to Alaska :-)Next time I saw Mark was around 1977, at Fort Stewart, except he was an Ordinance Warrant and ran the 24th Division ASP. Not sure what happened. He didn't want to talk about it so that was that. Anyway I always liked Mark. He was one of those guys with a lot of talent and the standard issue of a insolence that seems to affect all good Warrants. I remember one time we were hunting and he killed a raccoon. Not sure why but he skinned it and tried to bake it in the oven. I recall that none of the rest of us went to dinner. My deepest condolences to Myoko and the kids.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Craig - Forum Moderator (Ccraig) on Tuesday, December 03, 2013 - 04:48 pm:  Edit

Posted by Forum Moderator, 3 Dec 2013 (Courtesy of Mickey Head)

Mark T. Wurgess, 69, died on September 11, 2013 at St. Rita's Medical Center. Mark was born February 26, 1944 in Lansing MI to Joseph F. and Dola Barrett Wurgess who preceded him in death. On November 17, 1965 he married Miyoko H. who survives in Lima. Mark served with the U.S. Army, retiring as a CW3(CID)in 1983, after 20 years service. He was a member of Veterans of Foreign Wars Post #1275 and a volunteer at St. Rita's Medical Center. Mark enjoyed fishing and barbequing. He enjoyed spending time with family and especially his Grandchildren. He is survived in addition to his wife by sons, Eddie Wurgess of Chandler, AZ and Donald (Cindy) Wurgess of Lima; a daughter, Sue Ann (Brian) Slocum of St. Francisville, LA; 14 Grandchildren, Matthew, Marissa, Amanda, Breanne, Chloe, Rebekah, Jacob, Joshua, Colton, Charis, Landon, Brandon, Zoey, and Steven; 3 Great Grandchildren, Ian, Lani, and Jace and 2 brothers, Joe Wurges of Lebanon, PA and Bob Wurges of Myerstown PA. Memorial Services will begin at 11 a.m. Saturday at Shawnee Alliance Church. Dr. Daniel Messner will officiate. Condolences may be expressed at chiles-lamanfh.com. Arrangements are by Chiles-Laman Funeral & Cremation Services, Shawnee Chapel. - See more at: http://www.chiles-lamanfh.com/obituary/Mark-T.-Wurgess/Lima-OH/1243289#sthash.hevTDORA.dpuf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard S. (Dick) Stoyko (Dick_stoyko) on Monday, December 02, 2013 - 09:18 pm:  Edit

I just read in the Military Officer Magazine that Mark Wurgess passed away. I have no further information. His last CID assignment was Fort Meade, MD. before leaving the Command in 1974. RIP.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: