David R. Alverson - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): David R. Alverson - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ronald R. Seekins (Rseekins) on Friday, January 07, 2011 - 04:43 pm:  Edit

I worked with Dave at Ft. Sam Houston CID in the early 70's. He and I were both having problems with American Motors vehicles that we had bought new and the local dealership had been taken over by AMC. It was sad to hear of his passing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Wright (Unregistered Guest) on Wednesday, December 08, 2010 - 07:04 pm:  Edit

Dave was an outstanding agent and will be greatly missed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken_minton (Unregistered Guest) on Wednesday, December 08, 2010 - 03:32 pm:  Edit

I knew Dave Alverson at Ft Hood District around 1975-1977. He was an extremely helpful person and always pleasant to be around. Ft Hood was my introduction to CID and Dave and others made it a nice period in my life. His obituary shows he had a great career and continued his service to this country after he left CID. My best wishes to his family and his passing is a great loss to all. Rest in peace David.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Monday, December 06, 2010 - 09:59 pm:  Edit

CWO (Ret) David Ronald Alverson, 72, of Ooltewah, TN died Friday, 26 November 2010, in a local hospital. A lifelong resident of Chattanooga, Mr Alverson was a retired Criminal Investigator from the U S Army after 21 years of service. Following his military career he retired from the Hamilton County Sheriffs Department as chief Deputy after 13 years of service and also retired from Memorial Hospital after 13 years. He was a member of Christian Family Church and Brainerd Presbyterian Church. He also held membership with the Vietnam Veterans Association and received Police Officer of the Year from the Exchange Club of Chattanooga in 1980 and Police Officer of the Year, Hamilton County Sheriffs Department in 1979. He was preceded in death by his parents, Henry Franklin Alverson and Johnnie Louise Roan Alverson; brothers, Kenneth Alverson and Robert Kelly. Survivors are his wife of 52 years, Barbara Alverson; two sons, Dave Alverson, Gulf Breeze, FL, and Terry Alverson, Alpharetta, GA; three sisters, Louise Hardwick, Tifton, GA, Betty Meyers, Azle, TX, and Vet Alverson, Fort Worth, TX; four grandchildren, Kathryn, Lauren, Eric and David. Services were held in the funeral home chapel with the Rev Ron Ragon officiating. Burial was in Chattanooga National Cemetery. Heritage Funeral Home, East Brainerd Road, was in charge.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: