Francis R. Robinson - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Francis R. Robinson - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Somerset Jones (Somerset) on Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 09:57 pm:  Edit

Delores, I am saddened to hear about Robbie. I do remember both of you well. Both of you were great for keeping me from straying from the righteous patch. I did well because of the training I got from both of you. Robbie was on my warrant selection board and he selected me in spite of my ever running mouth. I too recall who ran the office and it was not the Ltc or Ops, it was you Delores. Hope this find you well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David G.Ownby (Derdegen) on Sunday, May 29, 2011 - 05:02 pm:  Edit

I never worked with Chief Robinson, but met him a couple of times when he visited Mrs Robinson at the Ft Meade Field Office. We had a commander but she ran the office, and had a hand in training the agents on their reports. My condolences to the family and Mrs Robinson.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Bacheller (Unregistered Guest) on Thursday, May 26, 2011 - 03:34 pm:  Edit

Please accept my belated condolances. Chief was a good mentor to me, inspite of myself. He will be missed by those who knew him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter L. Comras (Peter_comras) on Friday, December 03, 2010 - 09:02 pm:  Edit

"Robbie," while I'm sorry to hear of your passing, you earned the right to Rest in Peace.
You were a great and well known CID SA. 'Till we meet again, Peter L. Comras

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Busby (Bob_busby) on Friday, December 03, 2010 - 05:14 pm:  Edit

Sorry to hear about Dick leaving us for yet a better place, my prayers go out to Dick and Delores.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard B. Greaves (Dick_greaves) on Thursday, December 02, 2010 - 05:02 pm:  Edit

I'm sorry to hear of Dick's passing. We attended a course together quite some time ago, and chatted occasionally after that during our active duty days. He enjoyed a solid reputation and was well respected. May he rest in peace. .....Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William F. Gunter (Tailgunter) on Monday, November 29, 2010 - 06:57 pm:  Edit

My deepest sorrow to the Robinson family. Robbie was truly a great man and will be missed. Bill Gunter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick V. Garland (Pgarland6) on Thursday, November 25, 2010 - 04:26 pm:  Edit

I don't recall ever meeting Francis, but I am good friends with his brother Chuck. We were both in the 508th MP Battalion, Germany, back in the very earkly 60s.
Rest in Peace Francis and may God bless your survivors!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Padre Squyres (Unregistered Guest) on Wednesday, November 24, 2010 - 01:07 pm:  Edit

I was sorry to hear of Chief Robinson's passing. It was my good fortune to work for him at the Camp Casey FO. May he rest in peace.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Wednesday, November 24, 2010 - 03:19 pm:  Edit

A check of records shows that "Robbie" had been a member of the CIDAA since at least 1981. He last renewed his dues for multiple years paying to end of 2011. He served as the Association's Treasurer for 1991 and 1992. He resigned in 1992 due to his ill health.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Wednesday, November 24, 2010 - 10:02 am:  Edit

30 Nov 10 - viewing from 1500-1700 and 1900-2100 @ Stallings Funeral Home, 3111 Mountain Road, Pasadena, MD 21122 (410) 360-1770.

1 Dec 10 - funeral services begin 1100 @ Magothy United Methodist Church of the Deaf, 3701 Mountain Road, Pasadena, MD 21122 with burial following at the Maryland State VA Cemetery, Crownsville, MD.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Wednesday, November 24, 2010 - 08:51 am:  Edit

Francis "Dick" Richard Robinson, 73, a 42 year resident of Odenton, died November 23, 2010 at the Tate Hospice House in Linthicum.

He was born February 23, 1937 in Mills Co., Iowa to the late Francis and Hazel Robinson.

Mr. Robinson entered the USArmy in 1956, retiring Jan. 1982 after over 26 years of service.

After his retirerment he worked from 1982 to 2009 in security operations for the World Bank in Washington DC.

He was a member of Magothy United Methodist Church of the Deaf, FBI National Academy of Associates, the Md. Delaware Chapter, Life member of the VFW in Capital Heights, and the CID Agents Associtation.

He is survived by his wife of 52 years Delores Robinson, 2 Daughters Debbie Bennett and her husband Tom of Herndon ,Va. and Denise Robinson of Severn, 2 Brothers, Charles E. Robinson of NC, and Lawrence Robinson of Salisbury, 2 Sisters Jane Lynd, of Indiania and Patricia Kury of NC., 3 grandchildren Kathryn Robinson, Chistopher Bennett and Kevin Bennett, 1 great grandchild, Colton Schutz.

Friends may call on Tuesday Nov. 30 from 3-5 & 7-9PM at the Stallings Funeral Home PA, 3111 Mountain Rd, Pasadena. Funeral Services will be held on Wednesday 11 AM at Magothy United Methodist Church 3701 Mountain Rd. Pasadena, Md. 21122. Interment Md. Veterans Cemetery, Crownsville, Md. Memorial Contributions may be made to the Magothy United Methodist Church of the Deaf.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Tuesday, November 23, 2010 - 02:48 pm:  Edit

CW4 (Ret) Francis Richard Robinson passed away on 23 November 2010 after a long battle with Cancer. Survivors include his wife Dolores. Mrs Robinson does not want any visitors to come to her home. The family is accepting visitors at the Stallings Funeral Home, Mountain Road, Pasadena, MD 21122. If you would like to send a card or flowers, please send them to the above address as well.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: