Benjamin J. Bonner - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Benjamin J. Bonner - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dannie Taylor (Danniet) on Saturday, January 15, 2011 - 01:44 am:  Edit

So sad to hear of COL Bonner's passing. I worked for him in Thailand. He came to Udorn for a "VISIT" when Chuck Wetherington was there helping me out. He said, "Let's go downtown and have a few drinks" I told him I would stay and cover duty calls. He told me to call the MP Desk and tell them if they needed me send a patrol downtown and find me. He sure knew how to take of his Agent's.. Saw him again in 1976 when I was reassigned to Germany. He was a fine man and I send my condolences to his family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter L. Comras (Peter_comras) on Friday, December 03, 2010 - 08:59 pm:  Edit

So sorry to hear of "Ben"Bonner's passing. I served with Ben at the CID Agency, then in USACIDC, as well as a special TDY mission in Bangkok. He was a great MP Officer, leader, a great backer of CID SAs and a dear friend.
Rest in Peace my friend and I hope that we meet again. SA Peter L. Comras

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David G.Ownby (Derdegen) on Wednesday, November 24, 2010 - 04:17 pm:  Edit

I first met Colonel Bonner when I was a buck sergeant assigned to the 207th MP Co (Corrections) at Ft Riley, KS. I used to take a detail of inmates (snakes) to the PM office and would have them clean his office. I sensed the first time that I met him that he was a professional and a good officer. I met him again when he was the PM at Fort Leonard Wood. I was posing as an inmate during an undercover drug operation targeting their ACF and was on a detail to clean his office. I bet that is the first and last time a CID Agent ever cleaned his office. He just grinned when he recognized me. I'm sure he knew why I was there. God bless his soul.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By SAMUEL G. BRUCE, SR (Sgbruce) on Tuesday, November 23, 2010 - 11:18 am:  Edit

I agree with Bill Blake. I also met Col Bonner in Vietnam. He visited me when I was stationed in Japan. A very fine individual. Rest in peace Ben, we will meet again in heaven. God Bless.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By billblake (Unregistered Guest) on Monday, November 22, 2010 - 05:02 pm:  Edit

Colonel Bonner was one of the finest officers and gentlemen I every worked for or with. I first met him in Vietnam in 1967. He is a true loss to the CID community. May God rest his soul.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jearl E. Ballow (Je_buck_ballow) on Monday, November 22, 2010 - 01:48 pm:  Edit

A truly great one has passed. I first met Col Bonner when he was a Major explaining to all the CID units the new CID Command. Later he was my PM at Fort Riley and he was a great one. Practical, level headed, and always considerate of those he served with. I am truly deeply saddened at his passing and I extend to his family my sincere regrets. God Bless.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Monday, November 22, 2010 - 10:37 am:  Edit

Colonel Benjamin J Bonner III, US Army retired, died at home on 16 November 2010. He was born in Wichita, KS on 9 August 1934 to Caroline K and Benjamin J Bonner. He graduated from Wichita State University and received his MBA from Syracuse University. COL Bonner served 29 years in the Army, spending 13 years overseas, including two tours in Vietnam. After retiring from the military, he worked with D.O.E. He is survived by his wife of 50 years, Ingrid Bonner; daughter, Karen Bonner; son, Christopher Bonner and wife, Songdo Yun; grandsons, Samuel and Kai; brothers, Doctor John K Bonner, Robert C Bonner, and Eric Bonner; and sister, Christine Marsceill. Burial will take place at Arlington National Cemetery at a later date. Memorial contributions may be made to the Disabled American Veterans (DAV), P O Box 14301, Cincinnati, OH 45250 Attn: Gift Processing.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: