James P. Kousoulas - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): James P. Kousoulas - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard B. Greaves (Dick_greaves) on Wednesday, October 23, 2013 - 03:38 pm:  Edit

It was always a pleasure to visit with Jim at some of the annual CIDAA gatherings. He and I were on Nominations together one year. A real gentleman, professional, with a very pleasant demeanor. RIP, Jim.
......Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Kangas (Cw5retray) on Tuesday, October 22, 2013 - 11:09 am:  Edit

Jim was a hard working, effective, professional (Even though he did come from OSI) and a great person who was a hard guy not to like. RIP, Jim.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter L. Comras (Peter_comras) on Monday, October 21, 2013 - 11:31 pm:  Edit

Rest in Peace "Jim." Jim and I served in the UK--RAF Burtonwood, Warrington, Lancashire, England, for about a year during 1967-68. Even though Jim came from OSI, he was a great CID SA. We had a ball together--Jim kept me hysterical with his off-duty antics.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Craig - Forum Moderator (Ccraig) on Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 12:12 pm:  Edit

Bill Moore called me to report that Jim Kousoulas died on 15 October, after a long bout with cancer. It was my pleasure to have been Jim's first CID contact when he transitioned from the Air Force OSI to CID. I picked him up at Kimpo Air Base, Korea, in 1963, transported him to the famous 19th CID in Ui Jongbu (I Corps) where he was sworn in as a brand new Warrrant officer and finished his tour there. Over the years since then, we have been in touch at several annual CIDAA meetings. Jim was a super person, a very sharp investigator and always a true professional. He will be sorely missed. Rest in Peace Jim. Carl Craig
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
James P. Kousoulas, age 80, of New Gambier Road, Gambier, Ohio, passed away on Tuesday, October 15, 2013 at the Ohio Eastern Star Home in Mount Vernon, Ohio. He was born on July 30, 1933 in Mount Vernon, Ohio to the late Paul and Marie (Carhart) Kousoulas.

He is survived by his wife, Marilyn (Keeler) Corrigan Kousoulas, his children, Katrina Bekiares of Indianapolis, IN, Laure (William) Spencer Hall of Franklin, TN, Ruthie Spencer of St. Augustine, FL, Katherine (Stephen) Lore of Fredericktown, Kelly Ann Corrigan of Gambier, Stephen (Brenda) Spencer of Chicago, IL, Mark Spencer of Livingston, KY, Paul (Claudia) Spencer of Birmingham, AL, Michael (Kathleen) Corrigan of Naperville, IL, and Thomas (Tina) Corrigan of Mount Vernon, seventeen grandchildren, eight great grandchildren and a sister, Elaine Ostrander of Mount Vernon and three nieces and two nephews.

Besides his parents he was preceded in death by a wife, Judith Ann Spencer and his brother-in-law, Tom Ostrander.

Jim graduated from Mount Vernon High School in 1951 and later earned his BS in Law Enforcement and Corrections, University of Nebraska and Masters in Criminology from Indiana State University. Jim served in the United States Department of the Air Force, and Army. Throughout his 21 years serving in the military he was stationed in Bases around the world with assignments ranging from Air Police Investigator, Armed Forces Police Liaison, Office of Special Investigations (OSI), USA Criminal Investigation Command (CID), to CID Polygraph Examiner for North-Central United States. Jim retired in 1972 from the military as Chief Warrant Officer 3 and Senior Agent/Polygraph Examiner.

Upon retirement from his military career in 1972, he was appointed the Adjunct Faculty of the Indiana University School of Public and Environmental Affairs where he designed and instructed upper level undergraduate courses in Criminal Behavior, Investigations, and Forensic Science until he retired in 1993. After relocating to Florida, Jimís most notable accomplishment was acting Director of the Florida Guardian Litem Program, Twelfth Judicial Circuit for Sarasota, Fl., an agency representing abused, neglected, emotionally disturbed children and young adults before Courts within this district.

Professional/Civic Memberships include: CID Agents Association, Military Officers Association of America, US Army Warrant Officers Association, Veterans of Foreign Wars, AMVETS ĖPost 95-Mount Vernon and Kiwanis Club of Mount Vernon.

Jimís Community Service was very dear to his heart here in the Knox County Community. He was a Member of The Board of Trustees for Knox County Head Start, Kno-Ho-Co-Ashland Community Action Commission and Gambier College Township Trustee.

A memorial service with honors provided by the United States Army will be held at a later date at the Flowers-Snyder Funeral Home.

Memorial contributions in Jimís name may be made to The Gambier Fire Department, Gambier, OH 43022 or Acclaim Hospice and Palliative Care, 2800 Corporate Exchange Drive, Columbus, OH 43231

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: