Joseph M. Peters KIA - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Joseph M. Peters KIA - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Julius A. Brain (Jabrain) on Wednesday, November 13, 2013 - 03:19 pm:  Edit

To those members of CIDAA who made donations to Sgt Peters family, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

We collected $2225.00 and are in the process of forwarding it to Ashley Peters.

(We even had a retired Marine from Charlotte, NC make a donation of $75.)

Again Thank you very much.

JB Brain, Treasurer, CIDAA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Smith (Unregistered Guest) on Saturday, October 26, 2013 - 12:30 am:  Edit

I recently saw the press release about Special Agent Peters. It is indeed very tragic. My heart and my prayers go out to the family. The death of every Soldier is tragic. But, being a former CID Agent this one really strikes out at me even though I never met this young man. It reminds me that the brotherhood of the badge remains strong. May God grant his family a sense of His presence during this tragic time and may He fill them with a sense of peace, the peace that surpasses all human understanding.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louis Patalano III (Louispatalanoiii) on Sunday, October 20, 2013 - 11:12 pm:  Edit

Article that appeared in Stars and Stripes from Tom C
http://www.stripes.com/news/fallen-cid-agent-remembered-as-funny-hard-working-1.247839#.UmGAIb5bbjM. facebook

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Julius A. Brain (Jabrain) on Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 03:17 pm:  Edit

Below is the timeline for the services for Special Agent (SGT) Joseph Peters, who was killed in the line of duty while deployed to Afghanistan supporting the U.S. Army Rangers on a raid pursuing a high value target.

Viewing:

1700-2000 - Friday, 25 Oct 13
Greenlawn East Funeral Home
3540 E. Seminole
Springfield, MO 65809
Phone: 417-887-6565

Service:

1000 - Saturday, 26 Oct 13
Greenlawn East Funeral Home
3540 E. Seminole
Springfield, MO 65809
Phone: 417-887-6565

Funeral:

1200 - Saturday, 26 Oct 13
Missouri State Veterans Cemetery
5201 S. Southwood Road
Springfield, MO 65804

The Peters family welcomes all military and law enforcement personnel to attend and show their support

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Julius A. Brain (Jabrain) on Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 09:28 am:  Edit

The CIDAA is collecting donations from members and will be forwarding same to the family via our chaplain. Anyone who wishes to do so, can send their donation made out to CIDAA, 2709 SW 37th Street, Cape Coral, FL, 33914. Please advise via email: cidaa@comcast.net if you wish to participate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph E. Meckel (Jmeckel) on Saturday, October 12, 2013 - 12:54 pm:  Edit

I met Joe when I was assisting on cases and inspections down in Italy --- a mighty fine Agent --- RIP Joe -- you are with the LORD now.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louis Patalano III (Louispatalanoiii) on Thursday, October 10, 2013 - 08:00 pm:  Edit

Any members afraid of doing donations online and who I know or can verify in Gold Book who want to send a Donation and Sympathy card can email me and I can provide Ashley's mailing address

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louis Patalano III (Louispatalanoiii) on Thursday, October 10, 2013 - 07:56 pm:  Edit

United States Army
Criminal Investigation Command
Media contact: Mr. Chris Grey ​​​​​ FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
571-305-4041 christopher.p.grey.civ@mail.mil

Media Advisory
Donation Information Concerning Fallen CID Special Agent

QUANTICO, VA, Oct. 10, 2013 – Due to countless inquiries from the media and the public, the following information is being disseminated on behalf of the familyof CID Special Agent Joseph M. Peters, to clarify howdonations may be made to the family. Peters was killed in action while supporting combat operations in Afghanistan.

At the family’s request, individuals interested in making a donation can do so by one of two ways.

Donations can be made directly to the family by using PayPal at friendsofjoepeters@yahoo.com or on Facebook at Operation Support Ashley and Gabriel.

On October 6, Special Agent Peters was killed by an improvised explosive device while accompanying soldiers during combat operations in Kandahar Province, Afghanistan.
Two U.S. Army Rangers and one Cultural Support Team member were also killed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Sharp (Ssharp777) on Thursday, October 10, 2013 - 08:03 am:  Edit

I have a question - is it possible CIDAA set up an educational fund for the son.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louis Patalano III (Louispatalanoiii) on Wednesday, October 09, 2013 - 07:57 pm:  Edit

I just donated using Paypal and the email receipt I received showed the full amount going to Ashley Peters

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louis Patalano III (Louispatalanoiii) on Wednesday, October 09, 2013 - 07:34 pm:  Edit

I was asked about donations to the family - what follows is one way to donate but I am not 100% sure it is safe but probably is - I think the website gets 5% of the donation - you can pay by PayPal or Credit Card

Support the family of Special Agent Joseph Peters
Special Agent/Sgt Joseph Peters, US Army Criminal Investigation Command was killed in Afghanistan, October 6, 2013.
He leaves behind a wife, and 20 month old son.
Joe was a true, honorable friend. He was a warrior. He gave his life in defense of our country, our freedoms, and the freedoms of oppressed peoples abroad.
We are asking you to donate any amount of money you are able, to help Joe's family during this difficult period, and beyond.
Please show your support for a true patriot.

https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/6cHie?psid=55723f9a46c047dcb2b24650b765b10f

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Craig - Forum Moderator (Ccraig) on Wednesday, October 09, 2013 - 12:43 pm:  Edit

I have had several personal off-line inquiries from CIDAA members, as to how Special Agent Peters was killed while in the performance of his duties in Afghanistan.

According to many news sources already posted on Bing and Google, S/A Peters was assigned to the CID Special Operations Unit, tasked with gathering evidence in felony-level crimes. According to News sources, he was killed by an IED explosive device. He was the first special agent within this division to be killed in Iraq or Afghanistan.

See Bing or Google for several stories and photographs of SA Peters.

May he forever rest in peace. Lets remember
his wife, son and the Peters family in our prayers. Carl Craig

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles A. McNichols (Samcn0696) on Tuesday, October 08, 2013 - 11:54 am:  Edit

Thank you for the posting, Lou. So, so sad indeed. My thoughts and prayers are with SA Peters' family and friends. SA Peters, thank you for your service and may you now rest in peace.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louis Patalano III (Louispatalanoiii) on Tuesday, October 08, 2013 - 10:30 am:  Edit

Please pray for the family of our fallen comrade.
Special Agent Joseph M. Peters
Peters was born Dec. 22, 1988. After graduating from high school in 2007, he enlisted in the U.S. Army from his hometown of Springfield, Mo. He completed Basic Combat Training at Fort Leonard Wood, Mo., and Advanced Individual Training as a Human Intelligencer Collector at Fort Huachuca, Ariz., and was assigned to the 210th Military Intelligence Company. Following this assignment, Peters was assigned to the 14th Military Intelligence Battalion. He served as a Human Intelligence Collector at both assignments.

Peters reclassified as an Army Criminal Investigations Special Agent and was assigned to the 286th Military Police Detachment (CID), Vicenza, Italy as a Special Agent with the U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command.

This was his third deployment in support of the War on Terror with two previous deployments to Iraq.

“We are all deeply saddened by the death of one of our own – Special Agent Joseph Peters,” said Major General David Quantock, the Provost Marshal General of the United States Army and Commanding General of the United States Army Criminal Investigation Command. “Special Agent Peters was a highly respected agent and Soldier who sacrificed his life in the defense of this nation. We are extremely proud of his service and what he accomplished as a CID Special Agent and as a Soldier. His death is a reminder to all of us of the unequaled contributions our military members and their families make on a daily basis in the defense of the freedoms that we all enjoy and value so dearly.”

He was promoted to Sergeant Aug. 1, 2010.

His military education includes the Criminal Investigation Division Agent Course, Protective Services Training Course, Human Intelligence Collector Course, Joint Analyst Interrogator Collaboration Course, the Advanced Crime Scene Investigative Technician Course and the Warrior Leader Course.

His awards and decorations include the Joint Service Achievement Medal, Army Achievement Medal, Army Good Conduct Medal 2nd Award, National Defense Service Medal, Iraq Campaign Medal with Arrow Device, Afghanistan Campaign Medal, Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, Non-Commissioned Officer Professional Development Ribbon, Army Service Ribbon, Overseas Service Ribbon and the Driver’s Badge.

He was posthumously awarded the Combat Action Badge, Bronze Star Medal and Purple Heart.

He is survived by his wife and 20 month old son.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: