Jon Coulson - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Jon Coulson - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dannie Taylor (Danniet) on Saturday, January 15, 2011 - 01:48 am:  Edit

Sorry to hear about Jon's passing. We were at the CID School together and he was great person to work for. Rest in peace Jon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays (Unregistered Guest) on Tuesday, November 23, 2010 - 10:58 am:  Edit

Jon was a great friend and will be missed by all. It was always a pleasure to see him and be around him. God Bless his family and I know God will hold and protect him where he is now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Hiser (Mike_hiser) on Monday, November 22, 2010 - 08:21 pm:  Edit

I read with great saddness that Jon passed away. He was truly one of the most professional CID Agents and Warrant Officers I have ever met. He was one of the men that you could call on at any time of the day or night and he would do everything in his power to help you out. He will be missed by many agents, friends in the Anniston area and his family. May God bless and comfort his family during this very tough time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Kangas (Cw5retray) on Saturday, November 13, 2010 - 02:32 pm:  Edit

Jon was a "straight shooter" in more ways than one. Infectious smile, completely dedicated, talented and personable (with just the right touch of "irreverence"). I am so sad to learn of his passing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Allgood (Chuckoig) on Saturday, November 13, 2010 - 03:55 am:  Edit

I am very sorry to hear of Jon's passing. I met Jon at USAMPS in the early 80's and he was always very professional. I also served on a committee with Jon after Desert Storm and he was always willing to assist and provide his expert guidance.

My thoughts and prayers will be with Jon and his family.

Rest in Peace Jon and may God bless you!

Chuck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard D. Shook (Richshook) on Wednesday, November 10, 2010 - 08:09 am:  Edit

Like all others, I am truly saddened that Jon is no longer with us. He was a great person, friend, agent and mentor. We were on the IG Team together in the 1984-85 time frame. I learned a lot from a true professional. My prayers and sympathy to his family. Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Samuel L. Warren (Slwarren) on Tuesday, November 09, 2010 - 08:38 pm:  Edit

Jon Coulson - He never met a stranger and once he met you, he never forgot you. Rest in peace, old friend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William F. Gunter (Tailgunter) on Tuesday, November 09, 2010 - 06:53 pm:  Edit

I was notified by Steve Okonovich of Jon's passing. He was a really good person and great CID Agent. He will be truely missed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ralph J. Blevins (Cidralph) on Tuesday, November 09, 2010 - 04:58 pm:  Edit

It is very saddening to hear of Jon's passing. Blessings to his family. He was one of the few champions you meet in life.
Ralph

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Cagle (Unregistered Guest) on Monday, November 08, 2010 - 12:14 pm:  Edit

So sorry to hear of Chief Coulson's passing. I have a great photo of him pinning me as a WO1 at USAMPS. God Bless and comfort the entire family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David G.Ownby (Derdegen) on Sunday, November 07, 2010 - 10:35 am:  Edit

Lynn Muehlmeyer called me yesterday morning, and told me of Jon's passing. He had just read it in the Anniston Star Friday morning. As I understand it, he passed away on Wednesday. Jon worked in DOT with Lynn Muehlmeyer at USAMPS while I was in DOTD there. He was a mentor of mine, and a supporter of the 2nd amendment. He was a great instructor, and a personable, likeable professional.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ronald O. Oakes (Ron41) on Saturday, November 06, 2010 - 04:16 pm:  Edit

I am heart broken at the loss of an old friend. My prayers go out to his entire family. Jon will be missed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By L Berg (Unregistered Guest) on Saturday, November 06, 2010 - 10:50 am:  Edit

I am really saddened to hear of Jon's death. He was a friend and a legend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Billy R Trapp (Btrapp) on Saturday, November 06, 2010 - 11:08 am:  Edit

Jon was a great guy and a great friend. Rest in peace Jon, we will miss you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerold J. Unruh (Jerry_unruh) on Saturday, November 06, 2010 - 06:55 am:  Edit

There are a few places agents serve where they truly have the opportunity to influence other agents at every level throughout the world. Jon served in two of the main ones, the IG Team and USAMPS. He was the consummate professional in both Ė as well as in every other assignment and endeavor as far as I know. Jonís positive influence on the entire CIDC family was truly a blessing. He was one of my mentors and friends and I am a better person was a better agent for having known him. His family and all of us will be in my thoughts and prayers Ė he will be missed!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Friday, November 05, 2010 - 01:35 pm:  Edit

Jonathan Coulson is one of the few to have retired in the rank of MW4 (Master Warrant 4) prior to the rank of CW5 being established. This information was verified at CID Headquarters.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tracy Usry (Tusry) on Friday, November 05, 2010 - 12:24 pm:  Edit

I am overwhelmed! He was w/o a doubt the nicest person to ever serve in CID! A great gunsmith as well. I am saddened with the loss.

Jon always had a smile and a story to make you laugh. he was a pleasure to know both professionally and personally. He will be missed by all who knew him.

Somehow the world seems a little less bright with his loss.

My heart felt sympathy to his family and friends.

Tracy Usry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norm Weisenfluh (Norm) on Friday, November 05, 2010 - 10:12 am:  Edit

Another friend moves on. This is happening too often. My prayers are with you Jon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Richard Coupal (Gary_coupal) on Friday, November 05, 2010 - 10:10 am:  Edit

Wow, really sorry to hear of Jon's passing. I know many of us have our funny Jon stories... my favorite was walking with Jon in uniform at the PX in Fort McClellan. We were trying to grab some lunch before getting back to the school house. We were approaching a group of chemical officer basic students and one Second Lieutenant, says to Jon, "Excuse me Chief, do you know how to salute?" Without breaking stride Jon says "I do Son, but I don't have time to teach you right now!" After Jon retired I used to stop by his gun shop on my way home. I learned a lot from Jon, from his time on the IG Team, as an Instructor at the school house, as a fellow Instructor at McClellan and most of all as a friend Rest in peace Jon!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Busby (Bob_busby) on Friday, November 05, 2010 - 07:46 am:  Edit

I found this posted on the Anniston Star web site

Jonathan Coulson | Visit Guest Book

Graveside services for Jonathan Coulson, 64, will be Saturday at 11 a.m. at Anniston Memorial Gardens with Dr. Garry Ragsdale officiating and Anniston Memorial Funeral Home directing. The family will receive friends today from 4 until 6 at the funeral home. Mr. Coulson died Wednesday at NE AL Regional Medical Center. Survivors include his wife, Rita Golden Coulson; sons, Adam Coulson, Ethan (Melissa) Coulson, Aaron Coulson, and Matt Coulson; daughter, Misty (Dean) Wells; sister, Marjorie (Wayne) Driver; brothers, Arthur (Ellen) Coulson and Richard (Jo) Coulson and grandchildren, Quinn Coulson, Dalton Wells, Zach Coulson, Marlee Wells, Alex Coulson and his faithful friend, Buddy, his dog. He was preceded in death by his parents, William Coulson and Majorie Lindholm Griffin and father-in-law, Joseph Golden. Jon was retired as a CW4 from the Army after serving 24 years as a criminal investigator with CID Command. He co-founded Shooters Headquarters in Anniston where his excellent gunsmithing skills were recognized by many. He was a great husband, father, grandfather, brother and friend to many. He was an avid hunter and Harley Davidson enthusiast. The family extends a special thanks to the ICU and 8th Floor Staff at NE AL Regional Medical Center. Anniston Memorial Funeral Home 3865 US Hwy 431 North Anniston, AL 36206 256-820-0024 Published in The Anniston Star on November 5, 2010

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By PAUL J SEFCIK (Psefcik) on Thursday, November 04, 2010 - 05:24 pm:  Edit

I received the following today. Nothing further available at this time. As soon as I receive anything further I will post it:

Subj: CID death

With regret I must inform you of the death of CW4 Jon Coulson CID Ret. this AM. He lost his 2 year fight against lung cancer. Bake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Padre Squyres (Unregistered Guest) on Thursday, November 04, 2010 - 02:05 pm:  Edit

I am sorry to hear of Jon's passing. I knew Jon when he was on the IG Team and later at Ft McClellan in the AIM and the WOA Advance Courses. He will be missed by all who were fortunate enough to know him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Kessler (Unregistered Guest) on Thursday, November 04, 2010 - 10:44 am:  Edit

Sorry to learn of Jon's passing and words cannot even begin to express my sorrow. Jon's family is in our prayers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Wednesday, November 03, 2010 - 09:13 pm:  Edit

I regret to inform you that CW4 Jon Coulson (Ret) passed away today, 3 November 2010. Additional information will be posted when it becomes available.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Foster (Unregistered Guest) on Wednesday, November 03, 2010 - 10:52 am:  Edit

I wish to add my prayers to the list for Jon. I knew him for several years while on active duty. I hope you make it John. Good luck and God Bless

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By PAUL J SEFCIK (Psefcik) on Wednesday, November 03, 2010 - 07:55 am:  Edit

I'm cautiously delighted to agree with CW5 Kangas as his comments appear to be spot on. I wish I could provide additional information however Al has been unable to contact Jon's son Matt for a further update and I'm still overseas. I'll try to provide an update next week as I'll be back in Anniston. Thanks again!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Kangas (Cw5retray) on Tuesday, November 02, 2010 - 07:38 pm:  Edit

Jon is a strong person. I'm praying for him and certainly not counting him down.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norm Weisenfluh (Norm) on Tuesday, November 02, 2010 - 09:49 am:  Edit

Jon has always been a great friend and a mentor to every agent passing through the schoolhouse. How many young CID minds did he shape? I was saddened learning of Jon's dilemma and know that if anyone can beat the odds it would be Jon. My prayers are with you Jon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ronald O. Oakes (Ron41) on Monday, November 01, 2010 - 10:43 am:  Edit

I am so sorry to hear of Jon's illness. I worked with Jon at Ft Carson in the mid 70's. What a great guy. My thoughts and prayers are with Jon and his family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Youngblood (Rvyblood) on Sunday, October 31, 2010 - 11:12 am:  Edit

So sorry to hear about Jon's illness.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerold J. Unruh (Jerry_unruh) on Friday, October 29, 2010 - 11:16 am:  Edit

I am saddened to hear that Jon is so ill! What a great man he is -- I will pray for his recovery and for strength for his family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By PAUL J SEFCIK (Psefcik) on Friday, October 29, 2010 - 02:42 am:  Edit

I apologize to all as I should have reviewed this msg..... here is the info from Al Marion: I am saddened to report that Jon Coulson is not doing well. I received a call from his son, Matt, today saying that things do not look good. Jon was on a cruise this week with his wife and experienced breathing problems that resulted in a collapsed lung. He was evacíd to the US and is now in the ICU at the RMC, Anniston, AL. He is presently on a respirator, but not responding, as his lungs will not expand correctly. Matt stated they were informed by the doctor that if there is no response within 48 hrs, then itís over. Jon has a living will citing no machines.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Busby (Bob_busby) on Thursday, October 28, 2010 - 05:51 pm:  Edit

Sorry to hear Jon is under the weather and in a bad way, I worked for Jon at the CID school for several years and he was always a good guy to work for... a good person at heart.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By PAUL J SEFCIK (Psefcik) on Thursday, October 28, 2010 - 04:56 pm:  Edit

I received the below this morning from Al Marion (Ret CW3) as I'm currently overseas. As I'm, certain you all know, prayers now are a "good thing" in mass formations!! I visited with Jon at his gun shop in Anniston about 1-2 months ago. Anyone who saw him before the school left McClellan in '99 would then know what he now looked like and he still certainly acted just as crazy!!! MAY THE GREAT PHYSICIAN FIND IT WITHIN HIS MIGHTY POWER TO ALLOW OUR BROTHER JON THE CHANCE TO REMAIN WITH ALL OF US, HIS EXTENDED FAMILY!!!WE ASK ALSO LORD YOU WATCH OVER BROTHER JON'S FAMILY! AMEN & AMEN
Thanks Guys.......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Donald (Unregistered Guest) on Thursday, November 04, 2010 - 10:47 pm:  Edit

Very sorry to hear about Jon's passing. Got to really know him when we sat together at a course at Fort McClellan. What a great guy! He will be missed.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: