Jack Bateman Moore - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Jack Bateman Moore - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jess D Todd (Jess_todd) on Monday, October 11, 2010 - 02:43 pm:  Edit

I am saddened to learn of the death of Jack Moore. He and I go back as friends to early 1957 when we were shipped on the same orders from California to Germany. He went to Stuggart and I to Nurnberg/Fuerth. We were in contact with each other when he worked for the State of Idaho and I was in BATF in Washington and Montana. Jack was about the last of the old crew that I knew in the 50s and 60s. His telephone conversations will certainly be missed.Go easy my friend. Louise you take care and keep in touch

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Saturday, October 09, 2010 - 06:12 pm:  Edit

Jack Bateman Moore, 85, died on 30 September 2010. Jack was born in Littleton, CO, the second child to Fred and Marie Moore. After his Mother's death when Jack was 7 years old, his Father moved the family to Hot Sulfur Springs, CO. Jack entered the U S Army In 1943 and served for 24 years. He enlisted and was in the Corps of Engineers during WWII. After the war he was assigned to the Military Police, serving in Alaska and in Korea for 2 tours during the Korean conflict. He was assigned to the CID and promoted to CW2. Jack enjoyed 2 tours in Germany, retiring in Garmisch, Germany in 1967. Jack and Louise settled the family in Lewiston, ID where he went to work for the Liquor Law Bureau in the Department of Law Enforcement. He later transferred to Boise to accept an appointment from Governor Andrus as Deputy Director of the Department. He served the State until his retirement in 1979 and went to work for First Security Bank serving as Captain of the security division. In 1989 he fully retired and he and Louise enjoyed cruises, traveling, and visiting family. He is preceded in death by his only brother, Melvin Moore (1990). Survivors include his wife of 62 years, Louise; 3 children, Keith Moore of Missouri, Kathryn (Sid) Mooney of Boise, Margaret Moore of Portland, Oregon; 3 grandchildren; Elizabeth Moore, Nick (Kenna) Mooney, Kelly Mooney and one great-grandchild. Special thanks to the staff and friends at Bonaventure Place. At his request, no services were held. Cremation was under the direction of Cremation Society of Idaho. Guest book http://www.legacy.com/guestbook/idahostatesman/guestbook.aspx?n=jack-moore&pid=145750673. Please send condolences to Louise and family at the address on page 80 of your Gold Books. Changes to the GB info: New APT #366, new ISP @cableone.net

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: