Ken Leisure - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Ken Leisure - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Raul X Ruiz Rooney (Unregistered Guest) on Monday, January 18, 2010 - 11:14 pm:  Edit

I met Ken while I was a probie at Fort Bragg many years ago. Even though I was a new agent, Ken treated me with respect. I appreciated him for that. I wasn't on his team but every opportunity I had to be around him I would just observe how this man always had a joke to put smiles on our overworked faces. He lessened the probie fear we may have had by being happy around us and always asking "how's it going?"

My prayers go out to his family and friends for the loss on earth of a good spirited person who made you smile no matter how bad "the rains fell." I'm thankful I had an opportunity to have known Ken even for a short time at Fort Bragg. Even now I have a smile on my face as I reflect seeing him enter the room ready to share a story about CID. God Bless.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Bidwell (Unregistered Guest) on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 04:48 pm:  Edit

What a sense of humor and what an inspirational family man Ken was. An example for us all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert W. Busby (Robert_busby) on Monday, November 05, 2007 - 06:35 pm:  Edit

This second link for the pictures of Kens funeral has music, but some may want to just leave the music out...

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=21cd5103cef54fc74ea2a5&skin_id=601&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=te xt_url

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert W. Busby (Robert_busby) on Monday, November 05, 2007 - 06:08 pm:  Edit

I took some pictures of Kens funeral for those who did not get to attend.

Just go to this link:

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=21faf2ca15c517e02aae9a&skin_id=601&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=te xt_url

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl A. Bandy (Carl_bandy) on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 03:44 pm:  Edit

I sure don't know how I missed this posting back in January but it is still quite a shock to read of Ken's death. Like Ron Oakes, I was stationed with Ken at Ft. Bragg and I will ditto Ron's comments, Ken was truly a great Agent and Person. Paige and I send our condolences to Jan and all of Ken's Family. Also to the entire CID Family. As with Martin Yeager and numerous others, we have lost one of the good ones.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Williams (Unregistered Guest) on Tuesday, October 16, 2007 - 11:54 am:  Edit

I served with Ken at Ft Bragg and thought the world of him. I am sorry to hear about his passing, he was good man.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Whitehead (Unregistered Guest) on Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 10:07 pm:  Edit

Dear Jan,

We just found out about Ken's death and we are so sorry. It's been a long time since the Darmstadt days and we have fond memories of you and Ken. I remember lots of good, fun times working with Ken. He was a great guy.
Darmstadt has a lot of great memories not only because of working with Ken, Bob Cole, Roger Bays and Paul Mason, but also because that is where Alice and I met. We remember having you both over for dinner while we were living in the BOQ! A bit unorthodox!! Alice made spaghetti and Ken loved it!
Please know that you and your family are in our thoughts. Please take care of yourself.

Warmly,

Dave and Alice Whitehead

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Hetzel (Unregistered Guest) on Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 06:55 pm:  Edit

It has been many years since I had a chance to visit with Ken, but all these names from our Ft Bragg days brings back so many smiles and wonderful memories. Believe it or not, Scott Russell was just an apprentice then! Jan...thanks so much for all of your love and friendship. Ken was one of a kind. Surely..God has a special place for such men. Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Busby (Unregistered Guest) on Thursday, January 25, 2007 - 10:58 pm:  Edit

So sorry to hear that Ken is no longer with us...Ken was a good guy and I enjoyed our talks at DLA and DCMA...Ken will be missed by us all

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert W. Busby (Robert_busby) on Friday, January 26, 2007 - 02:37 pm:  Edit

Funeral and burial information on Ken:

Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2007 9:04 AM

To: Trahan, Leonard C., OIG DoD; Pavlik, James L., OIG DoD; Allgood, Charles Q., OIG DoD; Busby, Robert, OIG DoD; Black, Peter T., OIG DoD; Schroeder, Timothy L., OIG DoD; Grossman, Brian, OIG DoD; Arp, Ray, OIG DoD; Merrill, William F., OIG DoD

Subject: RE: Ken Leisure

All,

Funeral and burial information is below.

Scott

Arrangements have been finalized for Ken's funeral. There will be a viewing at Murphy Funeral Home, 4510 Wilson Boulevard, Arlington, Virgina 22203, Tuesday evening, Feb 6th, from 7PM to 9PM. Phone: 703-920-4800.

There will be a Mass at Ft. Myers Chapel, Wednesday, Feb. 7th, starting at 8:45 AM, followed by burial at Arlington National Cemetery.

In lieu of flowers, please feel free to make a contribution to LifePath Hospice, 3010 West Azeele Street, Tampa, Florida, 33609-3139, in
Ken's name. Ft. Myers Chapel limits the amount of flowers brought to the funeral Mass.

From Janice Leisure - We want to thank all of you for your cards, symphathy, and phone calls - knowing we have relatives and friends who sincerely care at this time means so much to us -
God bless all of you.

Love,
Janice Leisure
kjleisure@mindspring.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tracy Usry (Tusry) on Friday, January 26, 2007 - 12:59 pm:  Edit

Jan,

I was saddened to hear from Paul Mason that Ken had passed away. I know that he put up a gallant fight, as that was his nature! I know that he is in a better place, entertaining all of the CID agents that went before him!!

I wish to extend my sympathy for the loss suffered by your family with Ken's passing, and also to the CID family that knew Ken, as he is both a special and unique individual that will be the subject of stories for years to come!

With warm regard, Tracy Usry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Douglas W Robinson (Robbie) on Monday, January 22, 2007 - 02:41 pm:  Edit

Jan, it's been a long time since Ft. Bragg but our memories remain near. Our 8 man golf tournaments every Saturday with Ken were always filled with laughter and smiles, usually based upon making fun of each other, but nonetheless joyful and memorable. Ken will be missed. Our deepest sympathy...Doug and Kim Robinson

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ronald O. Oakes (Ron41) on Friday, January 19, 2007 - 06:29 pm:  Edit

Jan, this news is very sad. It has been several years since we last saw you and Ken. Please accept our deepest condolences. We will always remember the good times we had at Ft Bragg. Ken was a great guy, an outstanding agent, and one of the best pinnocle players I know.
Ron and Teri Oakes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Friday, January 19, 2007 - 02:15 pm:  Edit

Copied from an email: "Hello everybody! I'm writing to inform all of you that Ken has lost his long battle with cancer. He passed away on Sunday, January 14th, after being bedridden since Thursday of that week. We are thankful that he wasn't laid up for too long and didn't have to suffer any longer. He died peacefully and with no pain. Thanks to Hospice, who were great. His fourth year of struggling with recovery would have been in June. So, he put up a good fight, which we are thankful for. I want to thank all of you for being supportive to us during this trying time. Your friendship has meant a lot to us. Our whole family went to Baltimore for a New Year's family reunion. Ken did cut his leg on a Delta wheel chair and had 33 stitches, but in spite of that we all enjoyed the visit very much. The boys were here to help with all the details - Thank God, and we will be having the ceremony and burial at Arlington Cemetery on Feb 7th with service starting at 8:45 AM at the Ft Meyer Chapel. We don't know if there will be a viewing the night before or not. We will let you know that later. In lieu of flowers, please feel free to send a donation to Lifepath Hospice, 3010 West Azeele Street, Tampa, FL, 33609-3139, in Ken's name. Please feel free to pass this information on to those who may be interested. Take care and may God bless you all. We will be in touch soon." Love, Jan Leisure

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: