John F. (Fate) Kirby - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): John F. (Fate) Kirby - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick V. Garland (Pgarland6) on Saturday, August 31, 2013 - 10:35 am:  Edit

This came this morning! Apparently there is some mis-communication between Fate's two families, the one in Italy and the one in TN.
"Good morning Mr. Garland, thanks so much for your reply on facebook. I'm sorry to I have not sent you an update on Daddy's final resting place but unfortunately I am in the dark myself. I'm saddened that the only communication I got of his passing was in an email the day after and I have not received anything since."
As I receive additional information I will post it!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glenn E Bowen (Glenn_bowen) on Monday, August 05, 2013 - 05:22 am:  Edit

Fate was a good friend. After CID he worked as a DLA Investigator and then a DRMO Chief in Aviano. He will be missed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Kangas (Cw5retray) on Friday, July 12, 2013 - 04:56 pm:  Edit

Truly one of the good guys! Hard guy not to like.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John R. Mays (John_mays) on Thursday, July 11, 2013 - 10:40 am:  Edit

I am so very sorry of the news of Fate's passing. He was a great friend and a wonderful person. He will be missed dearly. John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick V. Garland (Pgarland6) on Monday, July 08, 2013 - 01:54 pm:  Edit

I just received a telephone call from Fate Kirby's daughter in Tennessee informing me that her Dad passed away June 20, 2013, in Italy. She tells me that Fate had a bad fall around Christmas time and had had trouble since that time. He was being treated at an Italian Hospital when he died. She is hoping Fate's remains will be returned to the US for burial at Arlington, and promised to keep me posted!

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: