Robert Hulley - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Robert Hulley - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jearl E. Ballow (Je_buck_ballow) on Wednesday, August 04, 2010 - 02:16 pm:  Edit

Colonel Bob, was one of the finest. Always honest and straight forward with you. I have only the fondest memories of him, yet, for once, words to express my feelings at his loss seem to fail me. We never had enough commanders like him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Wednesday, August 04, 2010 - 09:50 am:  Edit

COL Robert N "Speed" Hulley, 81, died 2 August 2010 in a Lawton, OK hospital. His services will be at 2:PM on 5 August in Centenary United Methodist Church with the Rev Phil Jones officiating. Private family burial will be in Flower Mound Cemetery under direction of Becker Funeral Home & Cremation Service.

COL Hulley was born 20 June 1929 in Sturgis, MI, to Oliver S Hulley and Vena Velma (Emdee) Hurley. He was a 1946 graduate of Lawton High School. He entered the Army Air Force in September of 1947. He was stationed in the Philippines and Okinawa prior to attending the United States Military Academy at West Point, where he was a graduate with the Class of 1952. COL Hulley retired from the U S Army on 30 November 1976, at Fort Sill, where he had been assigned as Provost Marshal. He was a veteran of World War II, Korea and Vietnam and served with the Military Police Corp. His awards include the National Defense Service Medal with First Oak Leaf Cluster, Defense Service Agency Meritorious Service Award, Republic of Korea Presidential Unit Citation, Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal, Meritorious Unit Commendation (3rd Award), Combat Infantryman Badge, Vietnam Service Medal, Korean Service Medal, World War II Victory Medal, Army of Occupation Medal (Japan), Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal, United Nations Service Medal, Ranger Tab and Parachutist Badge. He married Earlene Corwin Ketchum on 3 June 1977, at Wichita Falls, TX. He was a member of Centenary United Methodist Church and sang in the church choir. He was a member of the local West Point Society, served as a past chairman for the Armed Forces YMCA and was a member of the Lawton Kiwanis Club, where he had served as a past Lieutenant Governor.

Among the survivors are his wife; three sons and daughters-in-law: Albert and Sue Hulley, Coventry, RI; Paul and Rhonda Hulley, Clifton, VA; and Robert and Julie Hulley, Clermont, FL; two daughters and a son-in-law: Katharine Hulley, Charlotte, MI; and Margaret and Tom Cronin, Front Royal, VA; a sister, Jean Mooney, Tucson, AZ. He was preceded in death by his parents; a brother, Jim Hulley; and a niece, Anna Slovan.

Memorial contributions may be made to Centenary United Methodist Church, 704 SW D, Lawton OK 73501. The family will greet friends from 6: to 8:PM on 4 August at the funeral home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Strike127 (Unregistered Guest) on Tuesday, August 03, 2010 - 08:25 pm:  Edit

I was informed today by a 529th buddy that Col Robert Hulley passed away today Aug 3,2010 from complications with Parksinson's disease. That's all I know at this printing. You can contact Mrs Earlene Hulley at BobnEarlene@aol.com

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: