Alice Freeman - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Alice Freeman - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Youngblood (Rvyblood) on Thursday, August 05, 2010 - 06:12 pm:  Edit

Bill - most sincere condolences to you and your family for your loss of your most precious helpmeet, love and partner.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Ott (Unregistered Guest) on Tuesday, August 03, 2010 - 11:28 am:  Edit

My Sincere condolences to Bill and his family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Monday, August 02, 2010 - 03:19 pm:  Edit

Sorry to have to inform you of my loss. Alice passed away Friday 30 July 2010 about 8:PM at Scott and White Hospital in Temple, TX, where she had been air lifted. She had a vein that broke in the back lower part of her brain, that caused pressure to build on her brain and affected her breathing. They had to use life support to keep her breathing. By her being on Coumadin for so many years due to her heart problems, they couldn't stop the flow of blood, which made matters worse. Life support was removed after it was determined that regardless if they operated or not she most likely would remain in a vegetative state and would not be able to care for herself or make decisions reference to her condition. The pressure on the brain had caused her to go into a coma and from there three Doctors, NeuroSurgeons, who came in at different times and talked with the family in their medical opinion and not one of them thought she would ever come out of the coma due to the pressure and damage already done to the part of her brain that causes her to breath and other body functions. Alice and I had talked about things like this and she was emphatic about if something happened, she did not want to be kept alive by machines, as that wasn't a life that she wanted. I discussed this with our four children who were present and it was decided to take her off life support and bless her heart she lasted about 20 minutes on her own. I do think that we made the right decision on this. I was pretty busy yesterday and really in no shape to write. There will be no funeral service, no flowers and only family viewing. She will be cremated. These were her wishes and that is what the lady that was in my life for 51 years and 7 months is getting. In place of flowers if you want to make a donation to the heart or cancer association in her name please feel free to do so. NOTE: Alice was the wife of Bill Freeman, a member of the CIDAA Lone Star Group. The information was provided to and from Jack Leavitt.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: