Harry De Jongh - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Harry De Jongh - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Youngblood (Rvyblood) on Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 09:13 pm:  Edit

Like everyone posted here, gonna miss Harry. A real CID icon and inspiration.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ronald R. Seekins (Rseekins) on Saturday, August 21, 2010 - 05:49 pm:  Edit

It's been a busy summer and I haven't checked the site as I should. I was saddened to hear of Harry's death. I worked for him at Schofield Barracks, HI when he was Opns. I was an E-5 and made WO1 while I was there. Harry "mentored" me (i.e., cut me a couple breaks) or I might not have made CW2. He was a knowledgeable agent and a more than fair boss.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brauner (Bob) on Sunday, June 27, 2010 - 02:59 pm:  Edit

I was so saddened to read this today, and was totally caught off guard by his passing. Harry was my first Ops Officer at the Hawaii District when I was stationed at the RA at Ft Shafter. He was my mentor and friend and as bad a golfer as I was, ha. His laugh was contagious and his wit unmatched. Farewell my friend, God speed. See you soon, but not for a while.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Albert C. Price (Alprice) on Friday, May 28, 2010 - 10:55 pm:  Edit

From our first meeting at CID school, Korea and beyond, Harry was always up-beat and there for his fellow agencts. Sleep well my friend. My prayers and thoughts are with the family and Harry's many comrades.

Al Price

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leanne Heggen Eckstein (Mammaeck) on Thursday, May 27, 2010 - 09:19 pm:  Edit

Many prayers will be given for his family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Moody (Rob) on Thursday, May 27, 2010 - 09:13 pm:  Edit

Sleep well, Dutchman. You are missed. Prayers for you and your family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank M. Woods (Unregistered Guest) on Thursday, May 27, 2010 - 03:29 pm:  Edit

My prayers go out to Harry's family. He has went ahead to wait for us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe R. Greenwell (Joegreenwell) on Thursday, May 27, 2010 - 07:43 am:  Edit

Harry's funeral is Tuesday at 2:00 pm with full militry honers at Ft.Sam Houston

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe R. Greenwell (Joegreenwell) on Wednesday, May 26, 2010 - 10:26 am:  Edit

Harry De Jongh died this morning (26 May 2010) at 4:30 AM. If you would like to contact his wife Billie, she advises to please feel free to to call her at (210) 653-4055. He will be deeply missed. Update on funereal arragements will be posted as soon as we can.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: