Jerry W. Short - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Jerry W. Short - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Williams (Unregistered Guest) on Monday, June 28, 2010 - 02:43 pm:  Edit

Jerry was at Fort Bragg when I arrived in 1978. I didn't know him as well as some of you did, but I really liked Jerry. I never seen him not smiling and I understand that he was absolutely fearless. RIP Jerry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Craig - Forum Moderator (Ccraig) on Sunday, April 25, 2010 - 09:40 pm:  Edit

Retired CID S/A and CIDAA Member Clarence Chavis of Columbia, SC advised that he had received information that CWO Jerry W. Short had died on 18 April 2010 at his residence in Jacksonville, AL. The following Obituary was provided.

Jerry W. Short was born September 28, 1943, in Fairbanks, Alaska, son of the late John and Veronica(Hardy) Short. He resided in Jacksonville, AL. Jerry passed away on Sunday, April 18, 2010, after a long battle with Cancer.

He was a retired CW3 from the U.S. Army and a lifetime member of the VFW and the NRA and a member of the Criminal Investigation Division Agents Association.

Survivors include his daughter, Zenda Lee (Rick) Penner of Cape Coral, FL; his son, Jerry Wayne (Diane) Short of Danville, IL, the mother of his children, Noter Lee Short of Cape Coral, FL, grandchildren, Chris, Cameron, and Chanel Short, Courtney Streight, Jeff Leach, Jesse and Jared Penner, brother, Bert Short of Cape Coral, FL and sisters, Jean Kyte of Fort Myers Beach, FL and Frances Finch of Cape Coral, FL.

Memorial Services will be held at a later date at the Florida National Cemetery, Bushnell, FL. Memorial contributions may be made to the Hope Hospice Development Department, 9470 HealthPark Circle, Fort Myers, FL 33908. Family and friends may sign the guest register by visiting: www.dignifiedcremations.com.

Posted Sunday, 25 April 2010 by Carl Craig CIDAA Forum Moderator

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: