Gerald (Jerry) Hammer - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Gerald (Jerry) Hammer - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl A. Bandy (Carl_bandy) on Saturday, March 30, 2013 - 11:23 pm:  Edit

Sorry to hear of Jerry's passing. My condolences to his family. I knew Jerry from somewhere but at this point, it evades me. My office (Crailsheim) was under Ansbach-Nurnberg back in 76 so that may have been it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony F. McAnally (Tony_mcanally) on Friday, March 29, 2013 - 04:10 pm:  Edit

Jerry, as stated was an outstanding peerson. Jerry gave me some great advise at Fort Ord, which I used and eventually made it to retirement in CID.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald R. Allbright (Don) on Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 03:14 pm:  Edit

I am deeply saddened to hear of Jerry's passing. We were OJTs and apprentices at Nuermburg back in 1974-1975. Jerry was, as OJ already said, one of the good ones and a great friend. He had to be one of the most personalbe people I have ever had the pleasure to know. Always there to help and always a big smile on his face. My deepest condolences to Jerry's family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By OJ Jacklin (Unregistered Guest) on Tuesday, March 19, 2013 - 11:31 pm:  Edit

Jerry's youngest son, David, just advised his dad passed away on 3/16/13, after a battle with esophageal cancer. No further details were provided.
We met Jerry for lunch last August while he was receiving treatment in Seattle and Mount Vernon WA. He returned to Germany at the end of September to spend time at home before his scheduled return for additional treatment at the end of October. Jerry was one of the good ones and a great friend. We will all miss him.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: