Yun "Penny" Denny, Spouse of John Denny - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Yun "Penny" Denny, Spouse of John Denny - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ernie Perry (Unregistered Guest) on Friday, April 09, 2010 - 01:51 pm:  Edit

John I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I remember your wife as a loving and friendly person who always had a smile for everyone. My best wishes for you and your family my old friend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Weeden Rockwell Nichols (Weeden_nichols) on Wednesday, March 24, 2010 - 03:09 pm:  Edit

John, you have my condolences as a friend, though I did not know Yun and have not seen you since 1978. I held you and your sidekick Slupski in high esteem as faculty colleagues, and I was pleased that you both applied for CID before my retirement in 1978. s/Weeden Nichols

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Kangas (Cw5retray) on Tuesday, March 23, 2010 - 07:26 pm:  Edit

Big John: So sorry. Barely remember your wife but will never forget your dedication and contributions to CID. Have strength in this dark time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By aaron foster (Unregistered Guest) on Monday, March 22, 2010 - 02:00 pm:  Edit

John I am very sorry to hear of your loss. I have not seen you since 1978, but always remember you and your wife. May god bless you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl A. Bandy (Carl_bandy) on Saturday, March 06, 2010 - 01:23 pm:  Edit

John, My deepest condolences to you and your family. Losing someone who has been a part of you for so long can never be adequately expressed. I can only suggest that you join a Grief Support Group as soon as you can. The Hospice usually offers them. I thought I could handle it by myself but several months later, I found the group to be an asset.
God Bless you and your family. Carl B.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Donald (Unregistered Guest) on Thursday, March 04, 2010 - 10:52 am:  Edit

Sorry for your loss John.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W. Minton (Ken_minton) on Thursday, March 04, 2010 - 07:59 am:  Edit

John - I want to echo Russ Youngblood's comments above. The world was a better place for your lady. God bless. Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Youngblood (Rvyblood) on Wednesday, March 03, 2010 - 08:34 am:  Edit

John - God Bless you and your family during this time of grief over the loss of Penny. Words are never adequate to express sympathy for someone who has lost the love of their life. Hopefully prayers will help console. Again, God Bless you and yours.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Crump (Terrycrump) on Tuesday, March 02, 2010 - 09:25 am:  Edit

Posted by Terry Crump on behalf of John Denny and his Family:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It is with a very heavy heart that I must report that Yun K. (Penny) Denny, my beloved wife of 42 years, passed away at 10:20 PM, 26 February 2010, after being diagnosed with an inoperable cancerous tumor on 17 February 2010, at Emory University Hospital. Penny had been admitted to the Vitas Hospice in Stockbridge, GA, on 19 February 2010, and passed away in her sleep as a result of liver failure caused by her cancer.

My sons, John Jr. and David, our daughter-in-law Lisa, and I miss her terribly, but we are consoled by the fact that our mother and wife is no longer suffering from the pain that ravaged her body during her battle with a terrible, unrelenting disease.

Penny opted for cremation; consequently there will be no actual physical viewing of the body or a funeral service. However, there will be a memorial service for Penny to be held at 7:00 PM, Sunday, 7 March 2010, at the Eagles Landing Christian Church, 1748 Brannan Road, McDonough, GA 30253, which is located of Highway 42 between Stockbridge and McDonough. This will be a bi-lingual service due to the many Korean friends that Penny had.

In lieu of flowers, our family requests that those who wish to, make a donation to our family charity, The Youth Shooters Fund, which pays for attendance costs for our young, talented shooters, who might not otherwise be able to afford to do so, to participate in National shooting events. These contributions can be made by sending a personal check made payable to the director and treasurer of the fund at the below address:

Gail Reece
2920 Ridge Court
Cumming GA 30041
I do not have the words to express the depths of my personal feelings concerning the loss of this lady I loved so much. During my long military and subsequent Federal civilian career, Penny was uprooted and moved to various countries around the world, and different States and cities across the United States. Through it all, Penny was a real trooper and took these constant moves in stride and watched over her family. I am sure that she is still doing that for us now, because love never dies."

John Denny

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: