Edwin Adolph Flechsig Jr. - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Edwin Adolph Flechsig Jr. - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Youngblood (Rvyblood) on Friday, February 26, 2010 - 01:13 pm:  Edit

Don - Thanks for letting us know about Ed's passing. I remember him from when I was an OJT MPI at Ft Hood FO, CID, waiting for approval of my CID application. He was an inspiring influence for me as were others at Ft Hood including you. After I was accepted into CID I transferred to the Ft Sill FO. I remember running into Ed and Frank Chapman (one of my old partners) at the Lawton, OK Police Department. They were picking up a skip runner related to their bail bond business. It was like a small reunion. It is sad to hear about Ed's passing, as it has been to hear of others that we also miss so much. Again, Don, thanks for letting us know about Ed. And, God Bless You.

Russ Youngblood

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Wright (Unregistered Guest) on Thursday, February 25, 2010 - 11:11 am:  Edit

Edwin Adolph Flechsig Jr.
Graveside services for Edwin Adolph Flechsig Jr., 86, of Harker Heights, will be at 10 a.m. Friday at Central Texas State Veterans Cemetery in Killeen. Mr. Flechsig died Feb. 22, 2010, at a Temple hospital.

He was born Sept. 27, 1923, in Patterson, N.J., to Edwin and Virginia Krulan Flechsig. He retired from the Army after 29 years and seven months, during which he served as a medic and CID officer. His career led him from South Africa to Korea and Vietnam. After his retirement, he helped others (as was his way) through a bail-bond business until his health forced him to retire.

He married Hilda Burke in his 70s, and they had many good years together. She preceded him in death on June 30, 2007.

Survivors include a daughter, Terry McHorney of Big Clifty, Ky.; a brother, James A. Flechsig of Pennsylvania; three grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.

He was surrounded the last years of his life by his longtime friends and caregivers, Linda Ancheta and Rodney Keaton of Copperas Cove, and Jerry Blumberg of Belton.

Heritage Funeral Home in Harker Heights is in charge of arrangements.

Ed was a criminal investigator for ther 43d MP Det (CID) at Fort Hood during the late 1960s and early 1970s.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: