Vernon J. Germanro - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Vernon J. Germanro - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Smith (Unregistered Guest) on Thursday, September 12, 2013 - 08:44 pm:  Edit

I just came across this and I am shocked and saddened. I met Joe while stationed at the Yongsan District in Korea in 1986-7. Although I did not work for Joe, that did not stop him from mentoring me. He was one of many that helped me learn what it meant to be a CID Agent. I also used to meet with him for coffee or lunch while he was at AMC and I was working for DCIS in the D.C. area. His friendship, his mentoring, and his amazing sense of humor (often lost on some of our commissioned brethren) really defined the character of this man. May he rest in eternal peace and may his family and friends take comfort knowing a great man was carried home into the presence of Glory.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Youngblood (Rvyblood) on Saturday, March 02, 2013 - 08:31 pm:  Edit

Truly sorry to learn of Joe's passing. Another good one to be missed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louis Patalano III (Louispatalanoiii) on Wednesday, February 13, 2013 - 06:33 pm:  Edit

Here are comments by CID Agents on FaceBook US Army CID Group

http://www.facebook.com/groups/38188594607/

Jennifer Hunsberger Coleman
For all those who knew Joe Germanaro, he passed away this morning after a four year battle with cancer. His wake and funeral will be this Wednesday and Thursday. I don't have any other details as of yet.
Like · · Unfollow Post · Monday at 4:16pm via mobile

Mike Herzberg
Peace be with you Joe. You will be missed!
Monday at 5:41pm · Like

ReBecca Lannoo-Christensen
Oh no! What a great guy!
Monday at 5:49pm via mobile · Like

ReBecca Lannoo-Christensen
Dale Jeffries @ don Don Riffe
Monday at 5:49pm via mobile · Like

Jim Moreland
I am truely sorry to hear this.
Monday at 5:58pm · Like · 1

Don Riffe
. Hate to hear this but glad he is no longer suffering. The old was one my my idols.
Monday at 6:14pm · Like · 2

Dale Jeffries
Sad news, thanks Becky.
Monday at 6:39pm · Like · 1

Phil McGuire
Very sad news. Prayers and thoughts for Joe and his family.
Monday at 6:41pm · Like

Tom Cook
Prayers for Joe's family. The good lord has received another great one.
Monday at 9:07pm via mobile · Like

Pete Dedijer
Very sorry to hear of Joe's passing. RIP buddy.
Monday at 10:32pm · Like

Philip Tackett
So sorry to hear this. I've known Joe since he worked at the old Japan RA. Thoughts and prayers are with the family.

Edward Brotonel
RIP, Joe.
Yesterday at 12:38am via mobile · Like

Ray Vanover
I never heard he was sick but that was like Joe. He's gone way to young - RIP. JV
Yesterday at 8:36am · Like · 2

Louis Patalano III
Served with Joe in the old days, a good man - again sad news - RIP Joe
Yesterday at 11:00am via mobile · Like

Louis Patalano III
Joe after Active Duty retirement had the MPFU slot at AMC as I recall?
Yesterday at 11:06am via mobile · Like

Jennifer Hunsberger Coleman
Yes and then the RAC at the Columbus Fraud RA. He retired 3-4 years ago
Yesterday at 11:07am via mobile · Like

Don Riffe
AMC LNO for years until he moved to open the Columbus Fraud RA in the late 90's. Known and worked with Joe since 1990. One of the guys I looked up too. I have many fond memories of sharing a few beers and good cigars with Joe.
Yesterday at 11:07am · Like

Jennifer Hunsberger
Coleman He never did...you will have to tell me about
Yesterday at 11:18am via mobile · Like

Ray Vanover
Found a short obit for Joe.
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/newarkadvocate/obituary.aspx?n=vernon-germanaro&pid=163014259#fbLog gedOut-
Yesterday at 12:58pm · Like

Billy Joe Hornsby
So sad! So many good guys leaving us.
Yesterday at 1:05pm · Like

Louis Patalano III
"Ray" Vanover thanks for the Obit LINK but I am afraid it might disappear sooner or later and I might want to read and refer to it in the future, so courtesy of Jennings Vanover -

Vernon J. Germanaro

NEWARK: A funeral service for Vernon J. Germanaro, age 65, of Glenford, will be held at 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, February 14, at the Heath Chapel of Henderson-Van Atta-Stickle Funeral & Cremation Service. Burial will take place in Fairmount Cemetery where military honors will be observed by the Licking County Veterans Alliance.

Mr. Germanaro passed away on Monday, February 11, 2013 at the Selma Markowitz Care Center (operated by Hospice of Central Ohio). He was born June 26, 1947 in Baltimore, Maryland to the late Albert E. and Violet (Gregory) Germanaro.

Mr. Germanaro served in the United States Army for 24 years and was a criminal investigator (civilian) with the Department of the Army.

He is survived by his wife, Setsuko (Nakano) Germanaro; son, James Eugene (Michele) Germanaro of Stevensville, MD; daughter, Christina D. (Michael) Scaringi of New Hyde Park, NY; grandchildren, Jacie J. Germanaro and Tristen R. Germanaro; and a brother, Albert E. Germanaro, Jr. of St. Benedict, PA.

Friends may call from 3-6 p.m. on Wednesday, February 13, at the funeral home, 1249 Hebron Road, Heath.

Please visit www.hendersonvanatta.com to view a memorial and to leave a message of condolence for the Germanaro family.

Henderson ~ Van Atta Stickle Funeral Home ~ Newark, Ohio
www.hendersonvanatta.com
Yesterday at 1:22pm via mobile · Like · Remove Preview

Louis Patalano III
Hope Joe was able to get some joy out of the Ravens SuperBowl win.
Yesterday at 1:24pm via mobile · Like

John Boatwright
I am sorry to learn about Joe's passing and especially about his battle with cancer. Joe worked for me when I was the Ops at Yongsan. Joe was not only a good CID agent. Joe was a good person who seemed to always have a smile on his face. I'm sure that most people who knew Joe will remember that smile. My condolences to Setsuko and the family.
Yesterday at 1:44pm · Like

Jerold Unruh
So sorry to hear of Joe's graduation! Another great American and true CID legend goes Home. Friends and family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
21 hours ago via mobile · Like

Jerry Thompson
Sorry to hear about Joe. I knew him in Korea and often saw him when we were both in D.C. He was at AMC at the time. He was a fun guy and a pleasure to be around.
18 hours ago via mobile · Like

Michael Bosse
He was my Boss when I first arrived at Yongsan District. I immediately liked him, and completely respected his work ethic. He used to drive this lime green Camaro. I was going to tease hi about it, but that guy had some serious arms and shoulders on him! Sad at his passing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louis Patalano III (Louispatalanoiii) on Tuesday, February 12, 2013 - 09:46 pm:  Edit

Comments made by Joe's friends can be see at the FaceBook US Army CID Group
http://www.facebook.com/groups/38188594607/10151318514729608/?ref=notif&notif_t=group_comment_reply

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louis Patalano III (Louispatalanoiii) on Tuesday, February 12, 2013 - 06:57 pm:  Edit

Thanks Ray - learned the sad news earlier today on the Facebook US Army CID Group and comments by about 15 agents have been made there so far. Very Sad news. Hard to believe Joe and the family have suffered so much. May his soul rest in peace in the presence of the Lord.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Fenwick (Unregistered Guest) on Tuesday, February 12, 2013 - 06:11 am:  Edit

I am saddened to report the passing of my dear friend, Joe Germanaro. I received notification from his daughter that Joe passed away yesterday morning. Joe and I have been friends for almost 30 years and I will miss being able to talk with him about the good ol'days. Rest in Peace my Friend.
Joe's daughter, Christina requested that I post the following information for our CID family:

My father passed away at 0315 hours this morning, after a two-year battle with colon cancer. I am forwarding you information concerning his memorial.

A wake will be held from 3 – 6pm on Wednesday, February 13, 2013, at the Henderson-Van Atta-Stickle Funeral Home, 1249 Hebron Road, Heath, Ohio, 740-522-1010. To leave a message of condolence, one can visit www.hendersonvanatta.com.

The funeral service will be held at 10:00 am, Thursday, February 14, 2013, at the Heath Chapel of Henderson-Van Atta-Stickle Funeral & Cremations Service, same address. Following will be the procession to Fairmount Cemetery, where he will receive military honors. All are welcome.

Cards may be mailed to Mrs. V. J. Germanaro, 10133 Midland Oil Road, Glenford, OH 43739. If inquiries are made, my father was of Roman Catholic faith.

If anyone wishes to make a donation in lieu of flowers, please consider the Hospice of Central Ohio at www.hospiceofcentralohio.org.

My father requested that if anyone wished to attend the funeral in person, we will be happy to accommodate a one-night stay at the following hotel: Hampton Inn, 1008 Hebron Road, Heath, OH 43056 (740-788-8991) www.heathnewark.hamptoninn.com. We have reserved rooms under “Setsuko Germanaro Funeral”. Check-in is Wednesday.

I can be reached at 917-416-3639. Thank you.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: