Doye Hambrick, RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Doye Hambrick, RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Wright (Unregistered Guest) on Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 04:05 pm:  Edit

Clyde, please accept my sincere condolences. Doye was such a good man. As you know we were together at Camp Casey 76-77 and he was my go-to guy. This really came as a shocker to me, know that our prayers are with you and Doye will be watching over you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael K. Groszkiewicz (Groszkm) on Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 05:32 pm:  Edit

Sorry to hear of Doye's passing. When I was the ECISP at Red River Army Depot, circa 1984, he would occasionally call me to check on "The Dutchman", who opened an operation across the interstate from the depot. A fine, tenacious invgestigator.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Padre Squyres (Unregistered Guest) on Tuesday, February 16, 2010 - 09:50 pm:  Edit

I met Doye at the Camp Casey Field Office in 1977. He was a great investigator and a better person. I was impressed how he could conduct complex investigations with ease. He will be missed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert W. Busby (Robert_busby) on Tuesday, February 16, 2010 - 01:02 pm:  Edit

I met Doye Hambrick when I worked at the Defense Logistics Agency in the late 1990's, Doye was a nice guy and enjoyed work and having fun, Doye will be missed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William F. Gunter (Tailgunter) on Monday, February 15, 2010 - 09:19 pm:  Edit

I am sorry to hear of Doye's passing. He was a great guy. Rest in peace Doye

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brauner (Bob) on Monday, February 15, 2010 - 02:42 pm:  Edit

Doye was one of the founders of the ECISP program that has now grown into one of the finest economic crime investigative institutions in the world. He had much to be proud of and I for one was proud to know and work with him throughout his career.

There were so many good times I would be hard pressed to suggest which was the best, but working with him at Command and in the Field was always a pleasure and learning experience.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Stowers (Restowers) on Sunday, February 14, 2010 - 04:26 pm:  Edit

Met Doye on active duty and he later hired me on with DLA into a position I still hold. He was a great man to work for and a good friend. He will be missed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Youngblood (Rvyblood) on Sunday, February 14, 2010 - 10:59 am:  Edit

Sorry to learn that Doye has passed away. Met Doye as an aspiring Economic Crimes investigator. He was helping lead the specialty transition from the old LOGCISP program to ECISP and I found him a good friend and mentor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne T. Nardolillo (Waynen) on Saturday, February 13, 2010 - 11:50 am:  Edit

Doye G. Hambrick, 71, passed away on Thursday, February 11, 2010 at Mary Washington Hospital, Fredericksburg, VA, following a long illness. Doye, who served in Vietnam, retired from CID and the Army in 1985 as a CW3. He later retired as Director of DLA's Criminal Investigation Activity for DoD. Doye was a member of the FoP, the International Policeman's Association, and CIDAA. He was also an active member of St. Matthias United Methodist Church, in Fredericksburg, VA. He is survived by his wife of 44 years Ruth Elizabeth "Clyde" Hambrick and his daughter Tracy of Palm Springs, CA.

Doye and I were stationed together for a few years beginning in 1975 at the Ft Stewart District. He and his wife introduced me to my wife, Josephine, of 35 years and he was like a father to us, a grandfather to my children and great-grandfather to our grandaughter.

A funeral service will be held at 10:00 am on Friday, February 19 at St. Matthias United Methodist Church and interment will be in Quantico (Triangle) National Cemetery.

Family will receive friends from 6:00 to 8:00 pm on Thursday, February 18, at Covenant Funeral Service, Fredericksburg.

Memoral donations may be made to St. Mathias United Methodist Church, Pastors Discretionary Fund, 426 Deacon Rd, Fredericksburg, VA 22405.

An online guestbook is available at covenantfuneralservice.com

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: