Wolfgang Vinskey - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Wolfgang Vinskey - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David M. White (Xraydave1) on Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 01:53 pm:  Edit

I was with Wolfgang at Fort Bliss in 1977. He was a great agent and as I was waiting to attend CID school, he would show me a lot about polygraphs. Sad to read about him

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel E. White (Danwhite1176) on Friday, February 26, 2010 - 11:31 am:  Edit

Wolf would travel to Ft Huachuca RA in 78-81 when I was assigned there and do our poly's. We always got together after work -- go into the booming town of Sierra Vista and enjoy the night and exchange stories. He had some great ones!!! Soft spoken, a great sense of humor -- very kind and caring person. He got a lot of confessions with his post poly exam interview techique of kindness and understanding! He had a little "big brother" mixed with "fatherhood" that a lot of soldiers fell prey to as they cleansed their souls. Wolfgang "Wolf" Vinkskey -- a man I was proud to know and share a part of my life with!! Rest In Peace Brother -- you have earned it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Allbright (Don1952) on Wednesday, February 24, 2010 - 12:37 pm:  Edit

I never served with Wolfgang but worked with him on many occasions as he provided polygraph support to several CID offices I worked at. Wolfgang was was an outstanding polygraph examiner, CID Agent and man. He was always positive and upbeat, and fun to be around. He will be missed. My condolences to his family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 07:56 pm:  Edit

Published obituary follows - Wolfgang Vinskey, 68, resident of Rio Rancho, NM, lost his battle with cancer on Thursday, February 11, 2010 after a valiant 18 month struggle. He was a loving husband and father and greatly respected among his colleagues and friends. His wit, charm and dedication to excellence will be missed by all who knew him. Wolfgang was enlisted into the Army on July 11, 1960 in Amherst, MA; Retired January 31, 1992 at Ft. George G. Meade, MD. He served over 31 years, primarily as a CID Polygrapher Warrant Officer. He achieved the highest rank at that time of CW4 early in his career, but was one of the first to attend the Master Warrant Course which was created by the Army in 1987 and earned the title "Master Warrant", wearing the transitional bars of that rank. He was offered a promotion to CW5 once the rank was established, but chose to retire. He continued in his chosen field another 17 years as a civilian contracted to the Department of Energy and earned a Masters Degree in Criminal Justice. Wolfgang participated in the Cuban Missle Crisis and served a tour of duty in Bien Hoa during the Vietnam Conflict. His duty stations included Ft. Hood, TX; Ft. Richardson, AK; Ft. Devens, MA; Ft. Polk, LA; Ft. Bliss, TX; Presidio of San Francisco, CA and Ft. Meade, MD. Additionally, he served in Schwetzingen, Germany. Medals received: Bronze Star Medal; Meritorious Service Medal; 3rd Oak Leaf Cluster; Army Achievement Medal, National Defense Service Medal; Good Conduct Medal, 1st Award; Army Service Ribbon; Overseas Service Ribbon with numeral 2; Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal; Republic of Vietnam Gallantry Cross with Palm. A memorial service and a private reception will be held on March 13, 2010, 2 pm at the Westside Unitarian Universalist Congregation, 1650 Abrazo, Rio Rancho, New Mexico. In lieu of flowers, please make a donation in memory of Wolfgang to your choice of Hospice services.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Saturday, February 13, 2010 - 11:13 am:  Edit

Wolfgang Vinskey, 68, resident of Rio Rancho, NM, lost his battle with cancer on Thursday, February 11, 2010 after a valiant 18 month struggle. He was a loving husband and father and greatly respected among his colleagues and friends. His wit, charm and dedication to excellence will be missed by all who knew him. Please visit our online guest book for Wolfgang at www.RememberTheirStory.com French, 9300 Golf Course Rd. NW, Albuquerque, New Mexico, (505) 897-0300

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freeman Poole (F_poole) on Friday, February 12, 2010 - 11:20 am:  Edit

I served with Wolfgang in Germany in the mid 70's. He will be missed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Thursday, February 11, 2010 - 01:44 pm:  Edit

CWO (Ret) Wolfgang "Wolf" Vinskey passed away on 11 February 2010. His wife, Gloria, survives and has asked for your prayers and for Wolf's friends to be advised of the sad news. Please send condolences to the address on page 117 of the 2010 Gold Book.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: