F. W. Burkman - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): F. W. Burkman - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roland W. Thompson (Tommy11) on Friday, April 16, 2010 - 01:23 pm:  Edit

I have known Frank for many years. Lost contact until until about 10 years ago when out of the blue he called me asking if I could locate a friend in Panama City, Fl (living there at the time. Frank was a special person that his wife and children can be proud of. Roland W. (Tommy) Thompson

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Stein (Allans35) on Saturday, February 13, 2010 - 12:14 pm:  Edit

I have known Frank for a lot of years and was saddened when I received email today reporting that he had passed. The last time I saw Frank was at the CIDAA gathering at Gatlinburg, TN. He was slowing at that time, but he gamely tried to keep up with everyone.

I served with Frank at the Fort Sam Houston CID office back prior to 1970. He was a good man to work with.

My condolences to all his family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael A. Gates (Mike_gates) on Thursday, January 28, 2010 - 09:34 pm:  Edit

From the San Antonio Express-News 1/28/10
CW4 F.W. Burkman, Retired Army CID Special Agent, passed away Jan.25 at the age of 89. He was an avid golfer and endowed member of the Army Lodge 1105. He is survived by his wife of 70 years Vera Burkman, 2 daughters Jean Reischling (Edward); Jan Stoudnor (Craig); son Jerry Burkman and daughter-in-law Nancy Burkman; 4 grandchildren and 7 great grandchildren; brother Henry Burkman (Georgia) and sister Belva Yeager. He is preceded in death by son John Burkman and brother Cleo Burkman, brother-in-law Claude Yeager. Visitation will be Thursday evening, Jan.28, Sunset Funeral Home on Austin Hwy from 5 PM to 6PM followed by a brief service at their chapel at 6 PM. Burial will be on Fri., Jan.29 at 9:45 AM at Ft. Sam Houston National Cemetery.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: