Robert L. Amick - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Robert L. Amick - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wallace Wally R. Billingsley (Unregistered Guest) on Monday, November 14, 2011 - 10:29 am:  Edit

I was Bob's rookie in l972 at Ft Bragg, NC. I thought what a grouchy First Sergeant he was when I first met him, for when I walked in he handed me the CID Manual and said read this, and about 4 days later he finally talked with me when we sat down and he told me what was expected. The first thing he explained was he did not want to get to know me or be my friend until my background was finished and I was accepted as an apprentice. I learned so much from him, and had the pleasure of running into him several times since we left FT. Bragg. He will be missed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Billy Hornsby (Billy2292) on Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 10:57 am:  Edit

I had the privilege of working with Bob while assigned to the Augsburg RA MPI/CID Drug Team in 1976 and 77. He was a good man and I'm sorry to hear of his departure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Marvin (Unregistered Guest) on Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 11:24 am:  Edit

I served with Bob in the 123d MP Det (Okinawa) from 66 to 69. A great guy. Sorry to hear he is no longer with us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Myron R. Pickering (Picknet) on Monday, January 11, 2010 - 06:42 pm:  Edit

I did not know Bob personally, but we were classmates at the Criminal Investigation Course at Fort Gordon GA in Dec 1965. My thoughts and prayers are with the Amick family.

Mike Pickering

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R. Michael Amick (Unregistered Guest) on Saturday, January 09, 2010 - 09:32 pm:  Edit

I am the son of Robert Amick and on behalf of my family, I would like express our sincerest gratitude to everyone here who have taken the time to post their comments. As well as all of those whom have mailed cards. We would especially like to thank Mr. Carl Craig for his help with the corrections in the obituary, Mr. Larry Mason and Mr. Carl Craig for serving as Pall Bearers, and Mr. Charlie Cooper for the tremendous sacrifice he made to attend the services. My sisters and I really enjoyed meeting you gentlemen and hearing your stories & memories of our father. We always knew what a special man he was, but we were really honored to hear how well respected he was by his peers and colleagues.
Thank you all,
R. Michael Amick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard B. Greaves (Dick_greaves) on Friday, January 08, 2010 - 04:08 pm:  Edit

While I never had the pleasure of working with Bob on AD, it was always a delight to see him at the many annual gatherings he attended. I always enjoyed seeing him again, and also the good conversation. Another benefit of the CIDAA is meeting folks you knew of,like Bob,or haven't seen in many years and reconnecting. Rest in peace, Bob. Dick and Mary Ann

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick V. Garland (Pgarland6) on Thursday, January 07, 2010 - 12:34 pm:  Edit

Bob was a good friend and always seemed jolly at our CIDAA Meetings. He never seemed to have a harsh word to say about anyone. He will be sadly missed at our future gatherings. Rest in Peace, my friend!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Craig - Forum Moderator (Ccraig) on Tuesday, January 05, 2010 - 05:48 pm:  Edit

On Tuesday, 5 January, 2010, Bob's Visitation, Church and Graveside Services were attended by CIDAA Members Charlie Cooper from Atlanta,GA, Larry Mason and myself, from Columbia, SC. Mrs. Amick (Edna) and the Amick family were very appreciative of our presence and support. Larry and myself served as Pall Bearers. Bob was a faithful supporter of CIDAA, as evidenced by his service and attendance at our annual meetings. I had the privilege of knowing Bob for over 40 years, and for the past fifteen years, we have lived in the same city and attended regular get-togethers with Active Duty CID and Retired CIDAA members. Bob devoted much of his time to his Church and many charities. His cause of death was listed as cardiac arrest. He will be sorely missed. Rest in Peace my friend. Carl Craig

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arthur W Gehrig (Gehcid1verizonnet) on Tuesday, January 05, 2010 - 01:50 pm:  Edit

Another good friend and great guy gone. He will be missed by all. God bless, put in a good word, up there, for all of us. Art Gehrig

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Craig - Forum Moderator (Ccraig) on Sunday, January 03, 2010 - 04:25 pm:  Edit

CHAPIN, SC – Funeral services for Retired CID/SA Robert L. Amick, 79, will be held at 2:00 p.m. on Tuesday, January 5, 2010 at Caughman-Harman Funeral Home, 5400 Bush River Road,Irmo/St. Andrews Chapel, with interment in Bush River Memorial Gardens. The Rev. Wallace Beasley, Sr. and Rev. Wallace Beasley, Jr. will be officiating. The family will receive friends from 12:00 Noon to 2:00 p.m. prior to the service at the funeral home. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the Disaster Relief Effort, Inc., 410 Allied Drive, Nashville, TN 37211 or Southeastern Children’s Home, 115 Children’s Way, Duncan, SC 29334. Mr. Amick was born April 28, 1930 in West Columbia, SC and passed away on Saturday, January 2, 2010. He was the son of the late Brady L. and Blanche M. Haltiwanger Amick. Mr. Amick was a very faithful member of Palmetto Church of Christ. He was a Retired CID Agent with the US Army Criminal Investigation Command. He served from 1948 - 1980 with the Army and in the Civil Service from 1982 –1993. Mr. Amick was a member of the Fraternal US Army CID Agents Association. Mr. Amick is survived by his wife, Edna M. Joyner Amick of Chapin; daughters, Pamela A. O’Brien (Michael) of Fayetteville, NC and Sheryl L. Thomas (Kevin) of Richmond, VA; son, R. Michael Amick of Greensboro, NC; grandchildren, Kelly L. McAllister (Kyle) and Michael Jason O’Brien, both of Fayetteville, NC; step granddaughter, Dawn McLein; step great-granddaughter, Brittany L. Thomas of Richmond, VA; sisters, Edith Horton (Bob) of West Columbia, Janice Holt (Jack) of Gilbert, Dorothy Whitman of West Columbia and brother, R. Dean Amick (Rhonda) of Chapin; brother-in-law, Boyd Joyner (Pat) of West Columbia; sister-in-law, Jennifer Jefcoat of Orlando, FL and numerous nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his sisters, Brenda Partridge and Gayle Linder and sister-in-law, Lois Driggers.
Condolences may be sent to Mrs. Edna Amick at the
address listed on page 4 of the 2010 Gold Book.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: