William Gunter - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): William Gunter - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brauner (Bob) on Saturday, February 09, 2013 - 11:15 pm:  Edit

We were email friends for years and I sincerely enjoyed the exchanges of so many like interests. I will miss his wit and friendship.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Hiser (Mike_hiser) on Tuesday, February 05, 2013 - 05:24 pm:  Edit

Like Norm I was assigned with Bill during our mid 80's PSU tour and although I did not have much contact with him after that I always knew that he was "out there" on the west coast. He was the kind of guy you could call and he would help you out if possible. Yes, he will be missed by all of us.
Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil McGuire (Phil) on Thursday, January 31, 2013 - 09:29 pm:  Edit

Agree with you on all accounts John. Never assigned with Bill but our paths crossed number of times. Really a great guy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John R. Mays (John_mays) on Wednesday, January 30, 2013 - 04:12 pm:  Edit

Bill was a great guy and a wonderful friend. He will be missed dearly. We have lost way too many good one lately.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tony_mcanally (Unregistered Guest) on Wednesday, January 16, 2013 - 02:34 pm:  Edit

Bill and I were at the San Francisco RA, great guy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norm Weisenfluh (Norm) on Friday, January 04, 2013 - 11:31 am:  Edit

I am really saddened at hearing of Bill’s passing. Bill and I worked together in PSA in the mid-80’s and as Lowell said Bill is one of those guys that leave a lasting impression. Rest in Peace Friend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan White (Unregistered Guest) on Wednesday, January 02, 2013 - 08:42 pm:  Edit

CID SA (Retired) Steve Eicherly, who is also retired from the Orange County Coroner's Office (Southern California) has been in contact with the funeral home regarding CID SA (Retired) Bill Gunter (RIP). It has been determined that per Bill's last wishes, there will be no memorial service and only a private family cremation - no service. His wishes are being honored. Rest in Peace Bill --dear, old friend -- Rest in Peace!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By C. E. Martin (Cemartin) on Friday, December 28, 2012 - 04:41 pm:  Edit

Bill and I were at the Nuernberg RA together in the early 80's. He was a good friend and will be missed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William B. Andrews (Billandrews) on Friday, December 28, 2012 - 08:05 am:  Edit

Bill was such a great guy - and agent; he'll be missed dearly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ken_minton (Unregistered Guest) on Thursday, December 27, 2012 - 03:08 pm:  Edit

Attached is a link to photographs taken at the Florida CIDAA meeting, Spring 2012. Bill is in one of the photographs. That was the first time I met Bill in person. He was extremely cordial and as nice a gentleman as his reputation.
http://home.comcast.net/~floridacidaagroup/March%202012%20Photos.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louis Patalano III (Louispatalanoiii) on Thursday, December 27, 2012 - 08:14 am:  Edit

Posts from the FaceBook US Army CID Group

George Haas
RIP Bill

Lowell Berg: Bill was one of those few agents that left a lasting impression on everyone. He will be missed.December 22 at 11:10am

Manfred F. Meine: Lowell, and I just sat with him in the Spring at our Florida CIDAA meeting. He was still so full of energy, how sad.

Ronald Seekins
I see on postings on my home page indicating Bill Gunter has passed away. Does anyone have further information?

Carl A. Bandy: Ron I went to his FB page and it does say he passed away this morning. Real sorry to hear that and my condolences to Vicki and his family. December 21 at 4:02pm •

Linda Knight; so many others I am devastated by this news. Bill was a great friend and a terrific person. I know that I will miss him more than words can express. December 21 at 4:24pm via mobile •

Louis Patalano III If you haven't visited his FB Page to read the tributes posted there you should (not sure if you can view it if you aren't one of his FB friends) but reading comments from his friends and family sure brought tears to my eyes. God bless him and his family. December 21 at 6:05pm via mobile •

Ismar Rubio: Forty years of friendship. I am glad I saw and talked to Bill in Tampa this year. I am so sorry. Hugs to all his family, REST IN PEACE BILL. December 21 at 6:22pm •

Robert W Busby: I am not able to see any of the information on his page. What happened?
December 21 at 6:24pm •

Louis Patalano III: Bob, are you a FB Friend of his, he and I were FB Friends, so I can see it - I noticed he had at least 42 CID mutual friends of mine I think. December 21 at 7:01pm via mobile •

Mike Herzberg: Another sad day in this year - there have been too many it seems. Bill was unforgettable and leaves me with many memories. RIP Gunner. December 21 at 8:06pm • • 1

Dan White: My deepest condolences to the Gunter Family. Bill and I were in Korea together (1971-72) and continued our friendship since. I last saw Bill in Oct 2012 at Camp Pendelton when we exchanged hugs and condolences during the memorial service for our good friend Gary Price (RIP). I am saddened by the news of Bill passing -- but I know he is with dear friends who will greet him and take very good care of him. Rest in Pease old friend --- rest in peace.
December 21 at 9:28pm • • 1

Don Wright: Bill and I met in Korea (71-72). An
outstanding agent and thanks to e-mail we stayed in contact. Condolences to his family and he will be mised by many. December 22 at 12:38am •

Robert W Busby: Bill and I worked together at Ft Ord, CA in the late 70s...had lots of fun and interesting times at Ord...Seems the times are catching up with us and many of our co-workers from those days are moving on to a better place...RIP Bill December 22 at 7:12am •

Ronald Seekins: Bill and I sat next to each other at CID school in Jan, '71. Never stationed together but ran into each other through the years. Had more contact via emails, etc., after he retired. He was a good guy and will be missed by many. December 22 at 3:59pm •

Data provided by Lou Patalano

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Craig - Forum Moderator (Ccraig) on Sunday, December 23, 2012 - 11:12 am:  Edit

Data Posted by Dan White on Saturday, December 22, 2012 - 1:36 PM. Additional information is pending. Bill had been fighting liver cancer. I last saw him in Oct 2012 at Gary Price's (RIP) Memorial Service. It has been confirmed that Bill passed away on 12/21/12. More information will be provided when it is received from his family. There are ongoing postings on the CID Group facebook page.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Craig - Forum Moderator (Ccraig) on Sunday, December 23, 2012 - 11:07 am:  Edit

Posted by Carl Bandy on Friday, December 21, 2012 - 04:18 PM. Entries on Bill Gunter's Facebook indicate that he passed away this morning. Anyone have any more info?

Message moved here by Forum Moderator

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: