Hannelore Templin - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Hannelore Templin - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James R. Armour (Unregistered Guest) on Sunday, February 18, 2007 - 11:05 am:  Edit

I am very sorry to hear of the passing of Hannelore. She was everything Steve said and more. I had many conversations with her over a 6 year period while working with MP Customs and as the lSG of the 287th MPs. She would always ask about my German born wife Heidi and our children. She was a statue in the Berlin Military Police History. I am confidant that she could write the history of the Berlin CID and could promptly tell you stories of all the agents with whom she
served.

May she rest in peace.

Jim Armour

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Admin on Saturday, December 16, 2006 - 10:18 pm:  Edit

Postings inserted here from the pre-15 Dec 2006 Forum:

By Steve Volk on Friday, November 17, 2006 - 01:13 pm:

With sadness I report the death of Ms. Hannelore Templin, who for many decades was the secretary of the Berlin Resident Agency. Hannelore’s passing on 20 October 2006 was preceded by a long and painful battle with bone cancer. I last spoke with her on the telephone just weeks before she left us, and from that short conversation it was obvious that she realized she was fighting a losing battle.

Though not sure of the year, I think to remember that Hannelore started working for the Berlin CID in the early years of 1950, but I expect there will be many old timers who would know that more precisely. I first met Hannelore in the late 1960s at the Berlin CID, and over the years up until last year saw her when TDY or visiting that great city. I enjoyed taking her out to lunch and chatting about the “good old days.”

Small in stature but spirited in action, Hannelore was the consummate secretary driven to excel in everything that she did, and possessed an exceptional work ethic. She was a straightforward employee whom one never saw sitting around idly; was always busy typing, assembling cases or managing work of other secretaries. It was difficult to sneak a draft report past her that didn’t measure up to CID standard, for Hannelore knew the ever-changing guidance in report writing and other CID requirements. She had a keen sense of retention and recollection with an up-to-date library of CID regulations. I am willing to bet that a many of the OICs and later SACs relied heavily on Hannelore’s experience and wisdom.

I will miss our lunches in Berlin and want to believe she now is in a better place.
RIP Hanelore.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Admin on Saturday, December 16, 2006 - 10:19 pm:  Edit

By Jerry Unruh on Sunday, November 19, 2006 - 01:12 pm:

I am deeply saddened to learn of Hannelore's passing. She was my right hand from 1983 to 1986 when I was in Berlin as the SAC. I think Steve is correct about when she started but I seem to recall her first days with the Berlin CID office might have been immediately following our occupation of Berlin following WW2. She was a great lady -- dedicated, totally reliable, and the stability for our CID office in Berlin from when she started until her retirement, only a few years before the office closed. Rest in Peace Hanelore!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Admin on Saturday, December 16, 2006 - 10:19 pm:  Edit

By Larry Drayton on Monday, November 20, 2006 - 06:46 am:
Hannelore is a perfect candidate for the CID Hall of Fame!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Admin on Saturday, December 16, 2006 - 10:20 pm:  Edit

By Ed Mullin on Monday, November 20, 2006 - 11:19 am:

Steve

Just read your wonderful obituary for Hannelore on the CIDAA web. What a lady! I remember her like it was yesterday, and as I got to know her better from 74 to 78, I'd always get a laugh out of her over some of the more comical antics in that office. There were plenty of tough times, too. She knew it all and was one tough cookie!! The ultimate stalwart!

I would always be grateful to her for typing my CID application in '77. Aside from the "bible", she knew all of those Army and CID Regs! And if she was not sure, she'd turn in her chair to her tidy reference books and look it up.

And she was always the consummate professional! There were many times I'd see her walking ROI's into the offices of agents I knew there, from 1974 through 1978 , and after when I visited. I could probably name all of them, because I keenly observed that each one of those fine men treated her with the utmost dignity and respect. I'll second Larry's nomination.

Sorry for your loss, my friend.

God bless, Hannelore!

Danke schon!

Ed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Admin on Saturday, December 16, 2006 - 10:21 pm:  Edit

By TC Jones on Monday, November 20, 2006 - 03:20 pm:

Hannelore was in the Berlin CID office in 1963 when I commanded the 287th MP Company, and still there in 1986 when I was commanding 2nd Region and Jerry was the SAC.
Steve has captured well her drive and dedication and exceptional competence. Although I do not get a vote, I would certainly second a nomination for the CID HOF.
Our Corps has recently lost two great German ladies whose contributions over long periods of time have affected the lives and careers of many of us - Elvira Bell in Stuttgart and Hannelore Templin in Berlin. May they rest in peace and in our memories.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Admin on Saturday, December 16, 2006 - 10:21 pm:  Edit

By Chuck Allgood on Monday, December 11, 2006 - 02:47 pm:

I am very sorry to hear of the passing of Ms. Templin. She was working in the Berlin CID office when I was a Military Policeman assigned to the 287th MP Co in early 1960's. I had the pleasure of meeting Ms. Templin again while I was assigned as the EC Staff Officer to Hqs, Frankfurt District from 1984-1989. During Staff Assistance Visits to the Berlin RA Ms. Templin and I spent time discussing the "good old days" when I was assigned to the 287th. I always enjoyed speaking with her and I will never forget how knowledgable she was when it came to CID operations.

Rest in peace my Berliner Friend.

Respectfully,
Chuck

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: