James (Jim) Sloan - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): James (Jim) Sloan - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth J Zawodny Jr (Zawodny) on Wednesday, November 21, 2012 - 09:16 am:  Edit

I to was fortunate enough to serve with Jim when C.E. had the helm at Polk. Jim made a tremendous impact on everyone who was lucky enough to serve with him. When I hear the term quiet professional...I think of him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Kangas (Cw5retray) on Tuesday, November 06, 2012 - 11:36 am:  Edit

I wrote a piece about Jim on FB but I want to let my CID brothers and sisters know that I thought the world of him. You get to know a person pretty well when you spend a lot of time with them in a bass boat. Jim and I did that. So very sad to hear of his passing. He was a hard man not to like and I hope to join him one day, casting the shore structure on that big lake where all good fisherman go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Hinson (Rick) on Monday, November 05, 2012 - 04:36 pm:  Edit

Jim and I made several bass fishing trips to Lake Caspe Spain, once with our two boys. He was a fine man, great friend, and I am saddened by his passing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Brown (John_brown) on Monday, November 05, 2012 - 12:49 pm:  Edit

Served with Jim in my first office at Fort Stewart in the late 60s along with Jerry Edmonds, Bob Graff, John Smith, Willy Evans and some more I probably forgot. Always remember his sense of humor and patience with the probie.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By C. E. Martin (Cemartin) on Monday, November 05, 2012 - 12:21 pm:  Edit

Jim and I were assigned to Ft Polk in the early 80's. He was always ready willing and able to get the job done. We spent many an hour casting bass bait together. He will be missed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Billy Hornsby (Billy2292) on Sunday, November 04, 2012 - 04:25 pm:  Edit

Was searching the web trying to find old friends and found this. I served with Jim at Fort Polk District in the late 70s and at USACIL until he retired. He was a good man.

James H. Sloan, aged 68 ˝ years, quietly passed away on Tuesday February 28th, 2012. “Jim” is survived by his wife of 47 years, Patricia and their children: Jennifer Sloan Blackburn, James M. Sloan, and Amy J. Sloan. He also will be missed by six grandchildren and one great grandchild. A memorial service was held on Friday, March 16th, 2012 at 7 P.M. at the Epiphany Lutheran Church in Conyers, GA.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: