John Patrick Myers Jr - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): John Patrick Myers Jr - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Allgood (Chuckoig) on Wednesday, November 07, 2012 - 11:18 pm:  Edit

I am very sorry to hear of the passing of LTC Myers. During the early 1960's LTC Myers (then Major Myers) was my Detachment Commander while I was on temporary assignment with the Helmstadt Support Detachment as an MP working at Checkpoint Alpha (Berlin Brigade). LTC Myers was a great commander and he took care of his troops and he kept us straight. LTC Myers was a a gentleman who was fair and well respected by his troops.

Rest in Peace Sir!

Respectfully,
Chuck Allgood

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Craig - Forum Moderator (Ccraig) on Monday, October 29, 2012 - 06:36 pm:  Edit

Retired CID Agent and CIDAA Member Alfred Pfordte, Phoenix, AZ reported the following death:

CIDAA Member John Patrick Myers Jr., LTC U.S. Army retired, 89, of Cave Creek, AZ passed away early Saturday morning, 20 October 2012. at Mayo Hospital, Phoenix, AZ. He was born in Brooklyn, NY 23 September 1923 and joined the Army in 1941. He retired in 1968 as a Lieutenant Colonel after serving in WWII, the Korean War and Vietnam, and at at many other locations, primarily with the Criminal Investigation Division. After retirement he worked for the Agency for International Development in Vietnam and Laos. After living in Chicago for a number of years he and his wife moved to Arizona and had a passion for world-wide travel. He also enjoyed flying, history and geneaology He is survived by his wife Tae Le Myers. Services and burial were held at the National Memorial Cemetery of Arizona,on Friday 26 October 2012. Visit www.hansenmortuary.com to render on line condolences. Listed on Page 58 of the 2012 Gold Book. C. Craig, Forum Moderator

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: