Donald H. Weaver - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Donald H. Weaver - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W. Minton (Ken_minton) on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 06:28 pm:  Edit

This, afternoon, I attended Don Weaver's memorial service at the Bay Pines National Cemetary. It was a very fitting memorial to a deceased brother soldier. There was taps, the firing of a salute, the flag presentation, etc. One of Don's sons talked about Don and his life and how much he meant to so many. Judy said Don very much wanted to attend the CIDAA meeting in Tampa, knowing it would be his last. But God took him home early.
RIP Donald Weaver.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Judy Weaver (Unregistered Guest) on Friday, October 30, 2009 - 04:07 pm:  Edit

A very sincere thank you to all of you that called and sent their condolences.

To all who may be interested in attending the memorial service. The date has been changed to Monday, November 30, 2009 at 2:15 pm. at Bay Pines National Cemetery.

Additionally, more information and pictures will be posted on the the memorial website as we work on it. If anybody has anything that they would like to share, please send to Judy Weaver's email address judyweaver@verizon.net

Thank you to all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Friday, October 30, 2009 - 09:57 am:  Edit

Link to a very nice memorial site set up by the Weaver family.

http://memorialwebsites.legacy.com/donweaver/Homepage.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Tuesday, October 27, 2009 - 08:46 am:  Edit

It is with great sorrow that I have to report the passing of CW4 (Ret) Donald H. Weaver. Donís wife, Judy, notified me tonight (25 Oct 09), that Don lost his battle to lung cancer on Wednesday, 21 Oct 09, at the age of 79. His remains will be cremated and he will be laid to rest at the Bay Pines Veterans Memorial Park, St. Petersburg, FL. A Memorial Service will be held on 27 Nov 09. More information will be posted as soon as I receive it.

Don was the Commander of the 65th MP Det (CI), during the majority of my assignment to that Unit and during several months of William Fitzpatrickís time at the 65th. I can truthfully say that Don was one of the best commanders I had during my years with CID, and he was a wonderful human being, he will be missed very much by those who were his friends and those who knew him. May he rest in Peace. (Herb Marlow)

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: