Raymond L. Spiess - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Raymond L. Spiess - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Hetzel (Unregistered Guest) on Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 06:47 pm:  Edit

Ray was my first Operations Officer at Ft Leavenworth, Kansas. As an apprentice, he had me scared to death, but I later learned Ray had a huge heart. I will always remember many of the lessons I learned from Ray. May he rest in peace and God Bless his family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Q. Allgood (Chuckoig) on Tuesday, January 30, 2007 - 09:03 pm:  Edit

I am saddened to hear of the passing of Ray Speiss. Ray was my ops officer during the late 70's while I was assigned to the Wainwright RA under the Alaska Field Office. Ray was always there to provide guidance and words of wisdom when you called upon him. I last saw Ray when I departed Alaska but I heard over the years that he was in declining health.

I owe a lot to Ray for his guidance and assistance when I was a young junior WO.

Rest in Peace Chief!

Respectfully,
Chuck Allgood

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Weeden_nichols (Weeden_nichols) on Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 02:54 pm:  Edit

Ray and Mary were with us at Leavenworth in 70-71, leaving there for Alaska. The last time I saw them was when they picked me up at the Leavenworth airfield a few years ago for Bill Freeman's funeral. At that time Ray was dealing manfully with serious health problems. Our condolences to Mary.

Weeden (& Rosalie) Nichols

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Admin on Saturday, December 16, 2006 - 10:11 pm:  Edit

Postings inserted here from the pre-15 Dec 2006 Forum:

By Mickey on Friday, December 8, 2006 - 05:47 pm:
CW3 (Ret) Raymond L Spiess, 70, died at the VA Medical Center, Leavenworth, Kansas, on 6 December 2006. A service with full military honors will take place at the Ft Leavenworth National Cemetery. Please send condolences to his wife, Mary, and family at the address on page 139 of your Gold Books. (Thanks to Dick Slisz)

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: