E.J. Fouratt RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): E.J. Fouratt RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By SA Tony F Held Ret (Unregistered Guest) on Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 01:16 pm:  Edit

I too served under LTC Fouratt while in Germany. EJ was the Field Office Commander in Stuttgart and I was at the Heilbronn Resident Agency. After retirement I saw him several times both in New Mexico and here locally, where he was kind enough to come to my mother funeral. EJ was a good friend and my wife and I will miss him.
Attached is a copy of LTC Fouratt's obituary that appeared in the local Sherman Democrat newspaper.
"Enos J. “E.J.” Fouratt, Jr. of Whitesboro, Texas died at home on December 29, 2006. At the time of his death, he was surrounded by his wife, Tootie, and his three children, E.J. Fouratt III, Greg Fouratt, and Theresa Kyser.

Born and reared in Metuchen, New Jersey, E.J. graduated from John Carroll University in Cleveland, Ohio, and entered the commissioned ranks of the United States Army. His 23-year career in the military police corps included two tours in Vietnam, three tours in Europe, and four command assignments. E.J. retired at the rank of lieutenant colonel in 1980 and moved to Lincoln County, New Mexico, where he pursued second and third careers as a real estate broker and deputy sheriff. E.J. and Tootie relocated to Whitesboro in 2003.

Cremation will be under the direction of the Meador Funeral Home of Whitesboro. E.J.’s family is planning a private service to celebrate his life as a husband, father, grandfather, and officer. In lieu of flowers, donations may be to Home Hospice of Grayson County or the American Cancer Society."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl A. Bandy (Carl_bandy) on Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 01:57 pm:  Edit

Amen Tom. EJ was one of the finest Commanders and "person in general" that I have had the pleasure of knowing. Paige and I extend our deepest condolences to the Fouratt Family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By T. Coster (Unregistered Guest) on Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 08:44 am:  Edit

Our Mother-Father God, the death of our dearly beloved and one of my dearest friends and a great Commander EJ Fouratt, recalls our human, physical condition and the brevity of our lives on earth. Death reminds us of our true nature. We are energy, spirit, fixed in time and space, based on the Laws of Cause and Effect. But for those who believe in your love, death is not the end, nor does it destroy the spiritual bonds that you forge in our lives. We thank you for the opportunity to share life for a bit with our dearly departed. We thank you for the opportunity to realize our Christ Self in this sojourn on Planet Earth. We thank you for the opportunity to share life with those we love and those we have learned from. We thank you for our many lessons. As your Children, we seek to awaken to the Truth, that we are One with you. Bring the light of Christ Realization to this time of testing and pain as we pray for the spirit of our dearly departed, separated from us in body only. We pray that our dearly departed, in their transition, welcomes you with open arms as you accept their spirit into your eternal bosom of light and love. Thank you. And so it is! Amen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Saturday, December 30, 2006 - 12:15 pm:  Edit

LTC Fouratt, suffered from throat cancer but was "well attended" by Hospice during the past few weeks. I am saddened to now have to post the following:

Good morning, we wanted to share with each of you the news of E J's passing at 1:18 AM, Friday, December 29th, at the family home in Whitesboro, TX. He died peacefully in his sleep with his wife and children at his side. In accordance with his wishes, he will be cremated and no services will be scheduled.

Our heartfelt thanks go to each of you for the love and support you have given Dad and our family during his illness. The countless prayers, cards, letters, e-mails and visits meant so much to him and to all of us. Your kindness made this journey an easier one to travel. Warmly, Theresa Kyser (aka: E J and Tootie's daughter)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Stein (Allans35) on Tuesday, December 26, 2006 - 07:54 pm:  Edit

I also knew and worked for Enos Fouratt at Sandia Base and then had the pleasure of working with him at the National Indian Festival at Gallup, New Mexico in 1961 or 1962. He was a New Mexico State Trooper at that time, and despite long hours and repetitive activities involving traffic control and dealing with inebriated individuals, it was a great experience. I partnered with Trooper Fouratt and have always remembered that experience with pleasure and gratitude. He was a fine man to work with both as a Military Police Officer and as a New Mexico State Trooper.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Youngblood (Rvyblood) on Monday, December 25, 2006 - 06:32 am:  Edit

Col Fouratt was the District Commander for most of the time I served at the Neu Ulm RA in Germany. He and Tom Coster used me on several special investigations, so I had more direct working contact than I had expected. Col Fouratt was a very supportive commander. He was encouraging and appreciative. I enjoyed working for him. I knew I could count on him to back me up. It's just plain sad that he has to endure this terrible malady. I just wish there was something any or all of us could say or do to make everything better for him and his family. All I can think of is to ask God to provide them comfort. God Bless you, Col.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By rbrauner@cfl.rr.com (Unregistered Guest) on Sunday, December 24, 2006 - 10:23 am:  Edit

I too, along with Tom Presley and others had the pleasure of working with and for Col Fouratt at the Ft Bliss Field Office in the 70's. He was one of the few commissioned officers who would roll up their sleeves and work a crime scence or drug operations with you side by side. I had the chance to see him after retirement, when we visited at Universal Studios in Orlando. He remained the funny and witty person I knew back then, and we had a very nice visit. My prayers are with him and his family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Admin on Saturday, December 16, 2006 - 10:08 pm:  Edit

Postings inserted here from the pre-15 Dec 2006 Forum:

By Tom Presley on Sunday, December 10, 2006 - 10:58 pm:
For those of you who may not know, LTC E.J. Fouratt, a former New Mexico State Trooper, an outstanding Commander in the CID and a true friend, is critically ill with cancer, and was given less than six months to live. Colonel Fouratt took a turn for the worse last week and unfortunately his health is worsening. I spoke with his wife “Tootie” tonight and learned that because of his continuing health failure, the end may be near. Col Fouratt was the Ft Bliss Field Office Commander in the 70’s, and later took over the Stuttgart Field Office. Anyone wishing to send the Colonel a card or email can contact me at my e-mail address and I will provide you with the appropriate addresses’ email, etc. Colonel Fouratt, a hard driving Commander, was totally dedicated to his mission and taking care of his Agents. It would be appreciated if this information is passed on to the MPOA. I apologize for the brevity of this posting but I’m a little down tonight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Admin on Saturday, December 16, 2006 - 10:08 pm:  Edit

By Mickey on Monday, December 11, 2006 - 08:28 am:
RMPO has been advised.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Admin on Saturday, December 16, 2006 - 10:09 pm:  Edit

By Carl Bandy on Monday, December 11, 2006 - 12:11 pm:
This is quite a shock. The Col was a great help in getting the Crailsheim office moved out of the Nurnberg District to the Stuttgart district back in the late 70's. Afterwards, Ron Bullock and I were pulled down to Stuttgart to assist in a murder investigation and we were able to have dinner with the Col a couple of times. He was not only an exception commander but is also a good person. Paige and I extend our deepest wishes to him and his wife and will keep him in our Prayers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Admin on Saturday, December 16, 2006 - 10:09 pm:  Edit

By Mickey on Wednesday, December 13, 2006 - 06:14 pm:
Talked to Tootie Fouratt today, she indicated that E J Fouratt is now supported by hospice and they envision that the end is within a week or two. E J was with me in Vietnam and this is indeed a shock. (Thanks to RMPO, COL Frank Cohn)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Admin on Saturday, December 16, 2006 - 10:10 pm:  Edit

By F.W.BURKMAN on Thursday, December 14, 2006 - 12:51 pm:
I first became aquainted with 1st Lt Enos J Fouratt in about 1961 or 1962 at Sandia Base, Albuquerque, New Mexico. He had just entered the military service and was assigned to the Provost Marshals Office, and I was with the 46th CID there. I do recall that he liked to hang around with our investigators and was well liked by everyone. We also got to know him quite well at all the Provost Marshal functions we had. I was transfered to the Canal Zone in 1964 and lost all track of him after that. I am very sorry to hear of his illness and will keep him in our prayers.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: