Thomas Porter - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Thomas Porter - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jdubois (Unregistered Guest) on Monday, September 07, 2009 - 01:33 pm:  Edit

I served briefly with Tom in Iran during 1986. We were advisors to the Iranian Gendarme School in Tehran. Tom was an accomplished linguist who the Iranians couldn't talk over his head. Me they could. Tom was already present when I arrived, but he was moved from the school to Mission Hqs. We socialized a lot and he and his wife were extremely nice people. Tom RIP. JOHN

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By C. E. Martin (Cemartin) on Sunday, September 06, 2009 - 01:40 pm:  Edit

I served with Tom at Ft Bliss, TX (Det A, 4th MP Gp (CI) in the early 70's. I remember his big beaming smile, great attitude and willingness to help us young Agents. He was a remarkable man and I am sure he will be missed. CE Martin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael A. Gates (Mike_gates) on Wednesday, September 02, 2009 - 10:01 pm:  Edit

CWO3 Thomas J. Porter, US Army (Ret.), passed away on Saturday, August 29, 2009, in San Antonio at the age of 83. He was born in Ft. Dodge, IA, on February 18, 1926, to the late Thomas and Faye Porter. Thomas proudly served in the U.S. Army for 30 years, and traveled around the world. He was a champion marksman and received several marksmanship awards while in the Army. A loving husband and devoted father, he is survived by his wife of 30 years, Suzanne Porter; two sons, Joshua Todd Porter and wife Judith and Clint Matthew Porter and wife Cara; and four grand children, Justin, Amanda, Nicholas and Andrew. The family will receive friends from 9:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M. on Thursday, September 3, 2009, at Porter Loring Mortuary North. Graveside Service Thursday, September 3, 2009 at Ft Sam Houston National Cemetery, 1520 Harry Wurzbach Rd
Ft Sam Houston, TX, with full military honors.
You are invited to sign the Guestbook at www.porterloring.com

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: