Jeff Sorenson - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Jeff Sorenson - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald L. Keller (Don_keller) on Friday, October 26, 2012 - 11:46 am:  Edit

The Cohen Group will be hosting a memorial service for Jeff Sorenson at
the Willard Hotel in Washington, DC @ 3:00pm on Thursday, 1 Nov 12.
Guests can start arriving at 2:30 or after and then they can sign the
guest book, etc., and be seated.

The event will be held in the Grand Ballroom on the Lower Level; it will
also be posted on the main board of the hotel - "Memorial Service -
Jeffrey Scott Sorenson" with the location so that attendees can find it
that way as well. There will also be greeters in the lobby to help
people find their way.

Attached is a digital copy of the program and speakers.

Thanks to all who will be able to attend. Hopefully, "Sandy" will blow
through here quickly earlier in the week and won't affect anyone's
travel plans who might have been coming from out of the area. There is a
lot of distribution on the note, and there is no requirement for a RSVP.
Please feel free to post this or forward to anyone I may have missed &
you think might like to attend. I did not have current e-mail addresses
on a number of former agents & colleagues who may have worked with Jeff.

Thanks- Rick

Rick Kisling
OSD - Personal Security
The Pentagon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cline (Unregistered Guest) on Tuesday, October 09, 2012 - 02:56 pm:  Edit

I just learned of Jeff’s untimely death. What a shock and what a loss. My heartfelt sympathies go out to Sandie, Mandy, Aaron and the rest of Jeff’s family. I have very fond memories of the many long hours spent working alongside Jeff in Hawaii. He was a great guy and a trusted coworker. He always had a smile on his face and something funny to say.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald L. Keller (Don_keller) on Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 04:45 pm:  Edit

From Rick Kisling:

The memorial service for Jeff Sorenson will take place Thursday, November 1st at 3 pm at The Willard Hotel at 14th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue, NW. While the program is still coming together, Secretary Cohen will speak and former Deputy Secretary of Defense John Hamre will officiate at the ceremony. Jeff's parents will come in from Phoenix for the service, as will his daughter Mandy and her son Ryan from New Mexico, Jeff's son Aaron from college in Radford, Virginia, and of course Jeff's wife Sandie.

Please pass this information along to anyone who I have inadvertently failed to copy (many) or post it to any websites that you think may get
notice from Jeff's former colleagues. I figured you guys were a good mix of friends / current and former agents that knew Jeff & could get
the word out. A separate notice has gone out from The Cohen Group to their many associates in the corporate and defense world who had worked
with Jeff. Appreciate it. Thanks. Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Craig - Forum Moderator (Ccraig) on Monday, September 10, 2012 - 01:54 am:  Edit

Additional Data provided by Ret/SA and CIDAA Member Alfred P. PFORDTE of Pheonix, AZ. Posted by Forum Moderator.

Obituary notice in the Arizona Republic, dated Sat.09/08/12. Funeral services For Retired CID Special Agent Jeff Sorenson will be held at A.L. Moore Grimshaw, 710 W. Bethany Home Road in Phoenix, AZ, on Wednesday, September 12, 2012 at 1100 AM. Visitation will begin at 10.00 AM. Interment will follow at the National Memorial Cemetery of Arizona in Phoenix. Eventhough I never had the pleasure of meeting Jeffrey, I plan on attending the interment and giving him a well deserved salute. Regards, Al and Mona Pfordte.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald L. Keller (Don_keller) on Saturday, September 08, 2012 - 11:07 am:  Edit

Jeff's notice of passing can be found at http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/washingtonpost/obituary.aspx?n=jeffrey-s-sorenson&pid=159640596#fbL oggedOut

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Mullin (Unregistered Guest) on Thursday, September 06, 2012 - 11:35 am:  Edit

This has truly been a sad year with so many losses. My heartfelt condoleneces to Sandy and the entire Sorenson family. No words can truly describe the hurt right now, but the great memories from the 80's and 90's in Europe and PSU will live on. RIP Jeff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony F. McAnally (Tony_mcanally) on Thursday, September 06, 2012 - 10:22 am:  Edit

Absolutely a great person and investigator. I first met Jeff in ROK, he was either a proby or had just finished his probationary. He will be missed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John R. Mays (John_mays) on Monday, September 03, 2012 - 07:35 pm:  Edit

So very Sad to be taken so young. He was a great guy. Jeff and his family are in our thoughts and prayers, May God watch over them in these sad times. John Mays

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Deb Martell (Unregistered Guest) on Sunday, September 02, 2012 - 09:35 am:  Edit

Words are inadequate. My deepest sympathy for Jeff’s family and those of us who feel this loss. May our memories and prayers enfold all during this grief journey. My thoughts for God’s comfort upon us, with deepest sympathy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan White (Unregistered Guest) on Sunday, September 02, 2012 - 12:16 pm:  Edit

Very sad news. My thoughts, prayers and deepest condolences to Sandy and the Sorenson family. Jeff was an outstanding CID Special Agent, friend, leader and mentor to many younger CID Special Agents and Military Police Investigators. Our paths crossed often when he was involved in Drug Suppression operations in Second Region. Jeff and I had talked about going into business together in the mid 1990s -- in Tucson, AZ -- a Private Investigation and Personal Security Business. He decided to accept an assignment to CID Command and continued his CID career -- and my family and I decided against moving to Tucson -- so our "joint business venture" never happened. Jeff will be missed by many -- taken from us at too early an age. Rest in peace old friend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter A. Dedijer (Dedijer) on Sunday, September 02, 2012 - 11:24 am:  Edit

A real tragedy. RIP Jeff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald L. Keller (Don_keller) on Saturday, September 01, 2012 - 06:27 pm:  Edit

Information via Rick Kisling: At present a small private funeral will be held in Arizona and later in the Fall a memorial service in D.C. Rick relates condolences can be mailed to The Sorensons, PO Box 226, Occoquan, VA 22125. Further details will be forthcoming. He will be missed. Rest in peace my friend!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Grossman (Rekib) on Saturday, September 01, 2012 - 06:15 pm:  Edit

I hate being the bearer of sad news, but wanted to let the association know that Jeff Sorenson was killed last night in a traffic accident in Arizona. More information to follow. Here is a link to one of several news articles about the incident: http://m.kpho.com/w/main/story/72064331/. Jeff had been working with the Cohen Group for many years after retiring from the Army. Here is a link to his profile on the Cohen Group website: http://www.cohengroup.net/about/teammember.cfm?id=34. Please keep his wife, Sandra and the rest of the family in your thoughts and prayers.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: