Alejandro B. Mondala - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Alejandro B. Mondala - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roland W. Thompson (Tommy11) on Sunday, July 19, 2009 - 12:06 pm:  Edit

Alex and I were very close friends during our assignment to the Fort Gordon Crim Lab in 1950. In 1953 we went our separate ways but remained very close friends. It saddens my heart to learn of his death. His friends and family can be assured that he was a gentleman to the bone. Many may not know that Alex was a survivor of the Batann Death March. My regrets to the family for my failure to respond to his passing sooner than I have. Rod (Tommy) Thompson

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Craig - Forum Moderator (Ccraig) on Tuesday, June 23, 2009 - 11:28 pm:  Edit

I had the pleasure of being very closely associated with Alejandro (Alex) Mondala,
during the late 50's, at Hq US Army, Japan.
Alex was a Chemist at the USACIL Lab and I was
across the street at the Camp Zama CID Office. What an absolute professional and gentelman he was! I had a very short visit with Alex while visiting San Diego, CA in 1996. My sincere condolences to the Mondala family. Rest In Peace my friend. Carl Craig

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick V. Garland (Pgarland6) on Tuesday, June 23, 2009 - 02:25 pm:  Edit

I just received word from the son of MSG Alex B. Mondala, a long time chemist with USACIL, that Alex passed away on June 18th, at his home in California. Born May 18, 1913, in the Phillipines, Alex had served with the Phillipine Scouts prior to enlisting in the US Army. He served in all three laboratories of the USACIL System. Viewing will be held from 5-9 PM, June 23 and 24th, at the Mortuary Chapel, Glen Abbey Memorial Park, Bonita, CA, with a memorial service and burial at the same location on June 27th. Condolences can be sent to: The Mondola Family, 10657 Escobar Drive San Diego, CA 92124. Alex, rest in peace my friend!!

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: