Leonard Durst - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Leonard Durst - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Cook (Unregistered Guest) on Wednesday, July 22, 2009 - 02:19 pm:  Edit

Len was my SAC when I was at the Frankfurt Field Office during the mid 70's when I was a WO1. That tour in Frankfurt will always be remembered. He will be surely missed!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert S Knottek Sr (Bob_knottek) on Thursday, July 09, 2009 - 11:36 pm:  Edit

I'm so suprised to learn of Lennie's passing. I was with him at Fort Dix 1971. I had Joined CID in January of 1971. Rest in peace Lennie.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ben Ferrarp (Unregistered Guest) on Sunday, June 28, 2009 - 01:15 am:  Edit

Len and I served together at Frankfurt, he took over as SAC when I retired. He was one of the best. Always ready to go the extra mile and always seemed happy. He will be missed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Snook (Unregistered Guest) on Monday, June 01, 2009 - 02:26 pm:  Edit

I worked with Lenny when I was MPI at Ft Dix, and then he was my SAC when I finally took the plunge and went to CID. Good guy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William E. Conrad (Billconrad) on Friday, May 29, 2009 - 10:24 am:  Edit

I met Lenny 45 years ago when I was transfered to A. P. Hill, VA. We were both very young MPs who as it turned out grew up about 30 miles from each other. I remember that even then Lennie wanted to get into CID and even had his own "trench coat". That fall he was dating a cute blonde and when I met her I fell head over heels for her. When I told him how I felt he backed out and I ended up with the love of my life. Sue and I have been married since Oct 64.
I have always been grateful to Lenny and he will be missed. Rest in peace my brother.

Bill Conrad

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed German (Admin) on Wednesday, May 27, 2009 - 07:37 pm:  Edit

Forwarded to the Webservant by Thomas Ferri on 27 May 2009 (from www.phillyburbs.com):

LEONARD S. DURST Eastampton, NJ Resident

Leonard S. Durst of Eastampton died suddenly on Wednesday, May 21, 2009 while vacationing in California with his wife, Joy. He was 65.

The son of the late John Durst, predeceased by mother Rose Durst and step-mother, Marie Catherine Durst, Len was a longtime resident of Eastampton. He was a retired U.S. Army CWO3 and then later served as a safety consultant for the Ohio Casualty Group, Great American, and Reliance Insurance Group. He will be dearly missed.

The father of the late Barry Shelby Durst; he is survived by his wife of 37 years, Joy Durst; three children: Kim Sansoni, Thomas Hardy, Jr. and James L. Durst; seven grandchildren: Jessica Sansoni, Matthew Sansoni, Alex Fulford, Franki Dell, Taylor Hardy, and Kassandra J. Durst. The brother of the late John Edward Durst, Juanita Metts, and Ada Faye Forsythe, he is also survived by three brothers: Frank Durst, Ray Durst, and Gene Durst; and many nieces and nephews.

A Memorial Service will be held on Saturday at 12:30 PM at the PERINCHIEF CHAPELS, 438 High St., Mount Holly (www.perinchief.com).

Interment will be private. Friends may visit with the family on Saturday from 11:30-12:30 at the Funeral Home.

In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions in Len's name may be made to Deborah Heart and Lung Center, 20 Pine Mill Rd., Browns Mills, NJ 08015.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Billy H. Bass (Bill_bass) on Saturday, May 23, 2009 - 07:53 pm:  Edit

I have known Lennie since 1971. We were both appointed "wobbly 1's on the same date, 1 Feb 71. I always kidded him that I had three hours TIG on him since Col John Liddle came to Brooklyn, appointed me, then back to Ft Dix to appoint Lennie on the way back to Ft Meade. He was a fine gentleman, and good agent. What else is there to say? RIP my friend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Thursday, May 21, 2009 - 10:11 pm:  Edit

CWO (Ret) "Lenny" Durst passed away on 21 May 2009. At time of death, Lenny and his wife, Joy, were visiting relatives in California. Additional information will be posted ASAP.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: