James (Jim) Kirk Pace - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): James (Jim) Kirk Pace - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Busby (Bob_busby) on Monday, June 11, 2012 - 04:51 pm:  Edit

Tried to post a collages of pictures to remember Jim Pace, site would not allow it, also notice the previous information posted by me on Jim is no longer posted...you can see the pictures of Jim Pace on my facebook site.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ralph J. Blevins (Cidralph) on Saturday, June 09, 2012 - 05:58 pm:  Edit

Jim,
RIP. Jim was a good colleague and friend. My condolences to the Pace family. Jim was a great man.
Ralph

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerold J. Unruh (Jerry_unruh) on Friday, June 08, 2012 - 11:21 am:  Edit

Jim Pace was one of the best! I first met him when I was in Berlin and he was in Seckenheim in the 83-86 timeframe, and then got to know him much better in Atlanta when he was with MPFU and then USACIL and I was at 3d Region/Group. He was a truly gifted investigator and became a USACIDC pioneer in Computer Forensics. He was a famous and excellent host at EC training events in Erding, some of which I was privileged to attend. He made sure we could enjoy ourselves and relax at the same time we gained valuable insight and learned new investigative techniques, tactics, and procedures. I can remember the first one – the cases of German beer were stacked in the entrance foyer to his room – so many that it was hard to believe we could get through them all in such a short time (we did of course). I also enjoyed many afternoon CID Agent calls that he set up where agents from 3d Group, USACIL, and MPFU could exchange criminal intelligence and discuss work-related challenges and solutions while enjoying happy hour at a local establishment. I can still shut my eyes and see him at the table with his “bag phone” (a cellular telephone that was so big it came with a bag to carry it in for those of you too young to have ever seen one) so he could keep the MPFU train on the tracks while overseeing our meetings. A good friend I will miss! My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tracy Usry (Tusry) on Friday, June 08, 2012 - 07:20 am:  Edit

I am so sorry to read of Jim's passing. He was my friend and I respectd him without reservation!

My sympathy to the family!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Myron R. Pickering (Picknet) on Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 06:13 pm:  Edit

Jim and I worked drugs together in Stuttgart, Germany (circa 1973-1976. Jim was " Nô ka oi"...the 'BEST'! My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Rest in peace Jim...Aloha and 'A hui hou'...
'Until we meet again'. Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan White (Unregistered Guest) on Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 10:39 am:  Edit

James Pace - JKP (RIP): Rest in Peace old friend --your time with us is over and you will be missed. You were a great dedicated CID Special Agent/Criminal Investigator, friend, partner, mentor, husband and overall loving human being who always took time to listen, care and help others. I will always remember you in my heart -- and look forward to when we meet again. Make your final PCS now and join those other honorable Agents who await your arrival. Rest in Peace dear friend --- you've earned it!!! My thoughts, prayers and deepest condolences to the Pace Family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Craig - Forum Moderator (Ccraig) on Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 09:42 am:  Edit

Following data was provided by Daniel T. Andrews and posted by Forum Moderator.
--------------------------------------------
Just received word that Jim Pace passed away yesterday. Jim was CID's first and for a long time, our only computer forensics examiner.

James (Jim) Kirk Pace, 65, of Hampton, GA passed away on the morning of June 6, 2012. A native of Arkansas, Jim is survived by his loving wife, Margot Petzina Pace; daughter, Natalie Denis Pace; and son, James Kai Pace. He will be remembered by his immediate family, extended family, and wide network of friends for his many professional accomplishments, extensive interests,
integrity, and a bold sense of humor. Jim's career included 21 years of active military service in the United States Army, 18 years of civilian federal service, and most recently, proprietor of a retail and online antiques and collectible store. His professional affiliations include the Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association, the Military Officers Association of America, the CID Agents Association, the American Legion,Veterans of Foreign Wars, and the Honorable Order of Kentucky Colonels. In lieu of flowers, remembrances can be made to the Wounded Warrior Project.Memorial service details will be forthcoming.

Additional information provided by Bob Busby on 06/08/12: Memorial Service to be held on Saturday, June 9th, between 1:00pm and 4:00pm at the American Legion in Jonesboro, GA located at 1480 American Legion Way, Jonesboro, GA 30236.

Copy/Paste data below:

https://www.southcarecremation.com/obituaries/obituary.php?id=2955,https://www.southcarecremation.com/obituaries/obituary.php?id=2955}

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: