Ronald E. Slone - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Ronald E. Slone - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl A. Bandy (Carl_bandy) on Sunday, July 26, 2009 - 07:26 pm:  Edit

I just wanted to let everyone know that I talked to Beth Slone this afternoon and she is doing well in Arkansas. Her Bother lives in the area with his family so she has a support group handy. Stacy lives in Kansas which is not to far away and Autumn and her husband are being transferred from Texas to Ohio (USAF). Beth sounds great, except for a persistent cough, and I am looking forward to meeting up with her in Dallas some time in October. Ron passed away in December 08 from a fast acting liver cancer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dannie Taylor (Danniet) on Tuesday, June 23, 2009 - 06:41 pm:  Edit

I'm really sad to hear of Ron's passing. Ron came up to Udorn in Thailand to help me out when I was the only Agent there. Ron's last words to me when he left Thailand was "see you at Ft Huachuca." I was on orders to Ft McArthur, but while in DC to pack up the family I was called to Tempo B and given a corrected set of orders to Ft Huachuca. Ron swore he didn't have anything to do with it. Turned out to be a great assignment. I would see Ron and Beth on trips to Ft Worth, but had lost contact the last couple of years. Ron will be missed and I enjoyed my time with him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Youngblood (Rvyblood) on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 07:03 pm:  Edit

Ron was a fine Agent and a good friend. He was a great mentor to me as I began my economic crimes specialty period during the late 70's in Germany and Italy. From there I went on to the old ECISP program. Haven't seen Ron in a long time, but now that he is gone, gonna really miss him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl A. Bandy (Carl_bandy) on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 06:35 pm:  Edit

Just received information today that Ronald E. Slone passed away in December 2008 in Arkansas. I don't have much information on Ron prior to 1973 but he was at Ft Huachuca until 1976 and then went to Germany (Stuttgart and then Heidelberg). Ron came back from Germany in 1980 and retired out of Ft Bragg. His Orbituary below will give you the pertinent information on Beth and his Daughters (Stayce & Autumn). May the Good Lord Bless Him and may he rest in peace. Ronald E. Slone (September 11, 1940 - December 18, 2008)
Ronald Everett Slone, age 68, of Hot Springs Village, passed away Thursday, December 18, 2008 at a local Hot Springs hospital. He was born September 11, 1940 in Praise, Kentucky to Everett Slone and Oma Belcher Slone. Ronald was a United States Army veteran who served his country during Vietnam. He retired from the United States Army after 20 years of service where he worked as a C.I.D. Special Agent. Ronald also worked as a former bank loan officer and former operations manager for Pinkerton Investigations. He is survived by: His wife of 48 years, Beth Gilbert Slone of Hot Springs Village, AR 2 Daughters, Autumn Frymark and husband, Dion of Waco, TX Stayce Holcomb and husband, Barry of Kansas City, MO 2 Brothers, Roger Slone and wife, Murldeen of Kentucky Charles Slone and wife, Kay of West Virginia 2 Sisters, Teresa Jo Blevins and husband, David of Kentucky Gail Cantrell and husband, Jim of Kentucky 5 Grandchildren, Lance Frymark, Cierra Frymark, Garet Holcomb, Alia Frymark, and Audrey Holcomb Several aunts and uncles from Kentucky. Ronald was preceded in death by his parents, Everett and Oma Slone.
A gathering of family and friends will be held from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. Sunday, December 21, 2008 at CedarVale Funeral Home. Interment will be at 12:00 p.m.on Monday, December 22, 2008 at the North Little Rock National Cemetery.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: