Edward W. "Jack" Mullis - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Edward W. "Jack" Mullis - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Stein (Allans35) on Tuesday, February 24, 2009 - 08:18 am:  Edit

I'm sorry to hear about Jack's passing. I have some fond memories when we worked together at Fort Sam and after we both had retired. For a while we were neighbors (two houses apart) and he and Josie sort of kept an eye on my family while I was away on TDY. I remember that he was sometimes called "Fuzz", although I don't know if we did that to his face. He was also teased about not knowing what "copper" was an its origins. (Copper buttons on a policeman's uniform, with the obvious result, the policemen were sometimes called coppers. The fuzz thing came up because he hadn't heard that name related to law enforcement officers. I remember that Jack was liason with the local law enforcement agencies and then Operations and finally CO while I was there. He was a good man, and what better compliment can we get after having been around for so many years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Sunday, February 22, 2009 - 10:36 am:  Edit

CW4 (retired) Edward W "Jack" Mullis Sr of San Antonio, TX passed away 17 February 2009 at the age of 87. He was born 6 May 1921 in Salisbury, NC. Mr. Mullis served 30 years in the U S Army with duty stations in Europe and Korea. His last assignment was Chief CID Agent, Fort Sam Houston, TX where he retired from service in February, 1970. After military service, he joined the law firm of Southers, Lyons, and Rhodes, San Antonio, TX, where he remained for 12 and a half years as the firm investigator. Mr Mullis loved to play golf and was a member of the Fort Sam Houston Golf Club for many years. He was a Mason with Membership at Ashiar Lodge #98, A & FM, St Augustine, FL, since 1950. Edward was a longtime member of the National Association of Legal Investigators and a member of the Military Officers of the United States. He was preceded in death by his parents, Reverend Eli Henry and Virgie Mullis of High Point, NC. He is survived by his wife, of 66 years, Josie A Mullis; daughter, Veronica L White; son, Eddie Mullis, Jr and wife, Shirley all of San Antonio, TX. Edward is also survived by six grandchildren, Jacqueline Raper, Abel Clark White, Jennifer White, Michael Mullis, Allan Mullis and Ambra Lewis; four great grandchildren, Kristina, Courtney, Leanna and Kylie. Visitation will be held on Monday, 23 February 2009 at Porter Loring from 5: PM to 8: PM. Services will beheld on Tuesday 24 February 2009 at 12:30 PM in the Porter Loring Chapel. Interment will be in Fort Sam Houston National Cemetery. You are invited to sign the guestbook at www.porterloring.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (Mac) McRee (Mac_mcree) on Wednesday, February 18, 2009 - 03:02 pm:  Edit

Very sad news. CW4 Mullis was my first CID commander(over 40 years ago). My condolences to his wife and family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By F.W. Burkman (Fburkman) on Wednesday, February 18, 2009 - 02:05 pm:  Edit

Jack Mullis wife came by yesterday, 17 Feb 2008 and asked me to notify all that he had died yesterday morning. Jack did not have a computer nor did she know any one else. We both live about 3 blocks apart. She said the obit would be posted in a day or two.F.W.BURKMAN

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: