Michael Daniel Solon - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Michael Daniel Solon - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy_Smith (Unregistered Guest) on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 05:45 pm:  Edit

Weeden, Rosalie and daughter Alice, We're so sorry to learn of your great loss of son/grandson Michael David. Although anticipated such events are painful and sorrowful for all involved. Rest assured your pains and grief are addressed in our daily prayers.
Ironically, on 14 Mar Doris and I celebrated 50 years of marriage in Pigeon Forge, TN. I've been told that now the Probabtion Period is over and the Real marriage begins. (He, He).
Andy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jearl E. Ballow (Je_buck_ballow) on Thursday, March 19, 2009 - 01:42 pm:  Edit

Weeden: Grief, like joy, should not be shared alone. Know that we are all there with you. Buck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William G. Charest (Bill_charest) on Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 09:44 pm:  Edit

Weeden,

Our prayers go out to you, Rosalie and Alice. This tragedy is terribly hard on all of you. And our special prayers go out to Michael. May the Lord have mercy on his little soul.

Bill & Kasee

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leanne Heggen Eckstein (Mammaeck) on Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 09:24 am:  Edit

My thoughts and prayers are with you all. Michael Daniel was obviously a much-loved child who will not be able to dance on this wonderful earth but will certainly light up the Heavens. I wish you all peace and healing.
Leanne Heggen Eckstein

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Weeden Rockwell Nichols (Weeden_nichols) on Saturday, March 14, 2009 - 11:52 pm:  Edit

All,

Alice notified us today that, during her pre-natal check-up yesterday, it was found that Michael's heart had stopped. Labor was induced. Michael appeared to be a beautiful child, except that he was not alive.

Thank all of you so much for all your prayers and/or thoughts. Alice and her family (and probably Rosalie and I) will need a few more.

Gratefully (for your love, thoughts, and/or prayers), Weeden Nichols

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary E. George (Gegeorge) on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 02:33 pm:  Edit

Weeden, I happen to believe very strongly in the power of prayer and feel that prayer was a significant reason for my successful transplant almost seventeen years ago. I will pray for Alice and Michael as well as for you, Rosalie and John. I applaud Alice for her determination and you and your family for your support of her wishes.

Gary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William G. Charest (Bill_charest) on Tuesday, January 27, 2009 - 08:27 pm:  Edit

Weeden,

We all believe in what we believe. Your situation is a rarity, to say the least. But I think a common bond that we all share in CID, is HOPE. Regardless what we call it, it still holds in its hand the possibility that things will turn out right. Hang in there! We're all with you.

Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jearl E. Ballow (Je_buck_ballow) on Tuesday, January 27, 2009 - 01:36 pm:  Edit

Weeden: We are only mere mortals and have no real control of our lives, they are what they are. We can only confront an issue and "wish, hope or pray" for a favorable outcome and that we made the proper decision. Just take comfort in knowing that right now there are many of us joining you and Alice hoping for the best. Buck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Weeden Rockwell Nichols (Weeden_nichols) on Tuesday, January 27, 2009 - 01:22 pm:  Edit

I seldom ask for prayers, not because I think prayers don't "work" (not something I could know, one way or the other) -- maybe because I think a high percentage of requests are simply bids for attention -- but probably because I think one simply copes with most of his own difficulties and should reserve requests for the benefit of others. Anyway, this request is not for me:

Our youngest daughter, and youngest child, Alice (age 42) is pregnant. She has had eight pregnancies and two live births. Unfortunately, this fetus has been determined to have a rare chromosomal defect. As I understand it, most with this defect are not carried full-term. Of those that are, few live to leave the hospital. I gather that none has lived more than a year. Alice is due in April. We support her, whatever she chooses to do. To her credit, she chooses to carry the fetus full-term, if possible. At first, I could only guess that her motives were to bond with the child and do her best to communicate love, even if the lifetime is brief. I supposed she might wish the child to have qualified as a real human-being by anybody's measure. I wasn't going to ask her to defend or explain her decision, but merely support her in her decision, whatever it was.

Recently, it has been determined that the baby Alice is carrying has even more distress, a serious heart defect, as well as the chromosomal defect. What Alice is afraid of now, is that medical personnel at the delivery hospital will simply take charge of the baby and perform heroic heart surgery against her wishes, even though other problems would keep the child from surviving beyond one year at the most. Her physician, whether she agrees with Alice’s position or not, is doing advance work as Alice’s advocate.

I might add that Alice is a very competent young woman -- a licensed master of social work specializing in psychotherapy, and an experienced social worker and supervisor of social workers.

Alice and her family were here (in Hays, Kansas) this weekend (pretty much the last date she could travel, before the delivery) to attend my "artist's reception" at the bank where my one-person photo exhibit is going on (I had a huge number of attendees, by the way -- mostly friends and acquaintances.), and to help celebrate my wife Rosalie's birthday yesterday. Alice is a bit droopy. Her husband John is very helpful to her and supportive of her. He wasn't too pleased about her wishing to travel 330 miles in her condition.

The baby's gender is known (male), and he has a name (Michael Daniel Solon). Alice will have labor induced at a particular date, so Rosalie and I can be there. She wants me to photograph Michael when he is born, and to have some thoughts ready for a memorial service on the spot, if Michael Daniel expires immediately. She will have a priest standing by for an immediate baptism. (An emergency baptism by absolutely anyone is valid under Catholic doctrine, but Alice wants Michael to have first-class attention.) Alice believes any person has a purpose and a mission, and she fully believes that Michael Daniel has one too, even though his might be fulfilled in a very limited time-frame. I don't know whether I believe that, but I certainly cannot and would not attempt to refute it, so I approve of acting as though it is so.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: