Ruben Young RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Ruben Young RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Youngblood (Rvyblood) on Saturday, May 05, 2012 - 06:12 pm:  Edit

Like everyone else who has posted remarks regarding Ruben, Violet and I have only fond memories of him. I first met Ruben when he became the SAC at Augsberg RA. I was at Neu Ulm. We became friends. Ruben had a lot of them. Next got with him when he joined the CID Fraud unit at Huntsville (Redstone Arsental), AL, as the Civilian SAC, where I was the Military SAC. We quickly convinced Region and Command the office only needed one boss. Ruben graciously assumed that role so I could retire. Last saw him at the CIDAA meeting at New Orleans. To me, Ruben was one of those people a person was just glad to know. Already miss him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Marshall (Unregistered Guest) on Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 09:56 am:  Edit

Just read about Ruben's passing. We have indeed lost a fine gentleman, Warrant Officer and CID Agent. He epitomized the foundation of an Army organization dedicated to honesty, fairness and integrity. RIP.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Foster (Unregistered Guest) on Sunday, April 15, 2012 - 09:29 am:  Edit

Tragic news of another great person and agent passing. Ruben was at Huntsville so long I thought he was permanent statute there. In 1992 Ruben got me in the door with the Huntsville FBi which led to the best and last case of my career. I saw him many times over the years beginning in1976, and I will never forget. Ruben may you rest in peace.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Weddell (Unregistered Guest) on Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 02:33 pm:  Edit

I am very sorry to hear of Ruben's passing. I was fortunate enough to have two of the best SACís a young ďprobieĒ could have, Archie Moss and Ruben Young. I was thinking of Ruben not too long ago when I found some old photographs taken around 1979/80 of a joint party between the Augsburg RA and Kripo from Augsburg and Neu Ulm. He was one of the best and it was my good fortune to have known and worked for him. My most sincere condolences go out to his family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil (Unregistered Guest) on Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 11:03 pm:  Edit

Sandy and I wish to express our condolences to Martha and the family. Ruben was a tough guy on the outside; but he was fair and mild on the inside. The last time we talked, he said "I'll see you in Louisville." We never know what lays ahead. I will miss you ol' friend. A Jack and Coke toast to your life on Saturday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter L. Comras (Peter_comras) on Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 12:40 pm:  Edit

Rueben and I go way back (1968?). Not only was he a young, but good CID SA, he had a great personality, which made it a joy to work with him.
My sincerest sympathy to his family.
Rest in Peace brother,
Peter L. Comras

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louis Patalano III (Louispatalanoiii) on Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 11:29 am:  Edit

RIP Ruben Ė His Obituary was in newspaper today

http://obits.al.com/obituaries/huntsville/obituary.aspx?n=ruben-c-young&pid=156943981

Ruben C. Young Jr.
Visit Guest Book

Died April 9, 2012
Ruben C. Young Jr.
Ruben C. "RC" Young Jr., 66, of Dutton died Monday in Huntsville after a long illness.
Survivors include his wife, Martha Young; mother, Vernon Young of Henagar; daughter, Katie and Taylor Murray of Portland, OR; sons, Kris and Avery Young of Atlanta; grandchildren, Everett and Zella Murray and Nicholas Young; sisters, Deborah and Guy Harris of Rosalie, Dianne and Bobby Pack of Henagar; brothers, Mark Young of Ider, Gerald Young of Henagar; and many step-children and grandchildren, nieces, and nephews.
Mr. Young retired from the U.S. Army in 1987 after 23 years of service. At the time of his retirement from active duty, he had the rank of chief warrant officer with the Criminal Investigations Division. His overseas military tours of duty included Vietnam, Okinawa, Korea and Germany. His career included serving as the personal bodyguard to the U.S. Secretary of Defense, Secretary of the Army and Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff. During his military service, he received numerous service awards including the Legion of Merit and four Meritorious Service medals. He was a graduate of Ider High School with the class of 1962. He received a B.S. in criminal justice from the University of Nebraska - Omaha in 1975 and received a master's in public administration from Brenau College in Gainesville, Ga., in 1984.
Visitation with the family will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Friday at Corner Stone Funeral Chapel in Ider. There will be a celebration of life service at 1 p.m. with visitation one hour prior. Military honors will follow at Fuller Cemetery in Ider.
In lieu of flowers, the family is requesting that donations be made to the Wounded Warriors Project in his memory.

Published in The Huntsville Times from April 11 to April 12, 2012

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John R. Mays (John_mays) on Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 11:07 am:  Edit

Our hearts and Prayers go out to Ruben's family. He was a good man. CID amd the world will miss him dearly. John Mays

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill_bass (Unregistered Guest) on Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 10:24 am:  Edit

I'm so sorry to hear about Ruben's passing. At the 2010 AGM in Atlanta, we were sitting outside the hotel, reminiscing about the good ole days when we were both SACs in Stuttgart Dist ( Ruben had Augsburg and I had Vicenza. At that time, Ruben gave me a $100 check to help pay for the Hospitality Room. The next year, Ruben was at the meeting in Charleston. After the Saturday night banquet, he called my room about 11:00 PM and congratulated me on how well the HOF and SOY awards were handled. He was a true gentleman and a friend that will be sorely missed. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan White (Unregistered Guest) on Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 11:24 am:  Edit

Saddened by the news of Reuben "RC" Young passing. One of my early partners/mentors in CID back in 1969-70 -- and also my good friend during and since those early times we shared at the 4th MP Det (CI) Ft Myer, VA. "RC" made a difference and an impact in CID and untold number of Agents. A rough and tough side -- told it like it was with no holes barred -- but the kindness of a teddy bear inside his heart -- a Southern gentleman with a badge and true desire to do right. Not only a badge of law enforcement, but a badge of courage to stand his ground when he knew he was right -- and stand firm with those he worked with and trusted. A true friend, partner, mentor, a devoted husband, father, and grandfather, a legend in CID!! Rest in Peace now dear old friend -- you've earned it an deserve it. Your mission here is complete!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Williams (Unregistered Guest) on Monday, April 09, 2012 - 03:06 pm:  Edit

Rest in peace Ruben. I will never forget you riding my Harley around the block at Ft Bragg. Always tough... always fair. It was a blast working for you and Doug.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ronald O. Oakes (Ron41) on Monday, April 09, 2012 - 07:07 pm:  Edit

Really sorry to hear of Ruben's passing. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. He was a great man. He will be missed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By PAUL J SEFCIK (Psefcik) on Monday, April 09, 2012 - 06:46 pm:  Edit

SA RUBEN YOUNG: Martha Young contacted me this afternoon concerning the passing of Ruben around noontime. Martha requested the following information posted for all concerned and/or wishing to attend his funeral:
Tentatively the funeral will be held this Saturday, April 14, 2012; Church/Memorial service will be held about 1300 at Cornerstone Funeral Chapel, Ider, AL,. Rubenís ashes will be laid to rest at the Fuller Cemetery, also located in Ider, AL. Immediately following the internment at Fullerís cemetery Martha has invited all to participate in a celebration of Rubenís life at the Friendship Lodge, Scottsboro, AL., where food and drink will be served.
Martha was hopeful that those who wished to share their memories with Ruben may speak at the ceremony or can pass them onto her for Rubenís grandchildren!
Donations in memory of Ruben can be made to either the Wounded Warrior Project and/or the National Law Enforcement Officerís Memorial Fund.
Iíve included the below information if needed. Ider Alabama does not show an exact address for Fullerís Cemetery besides what Iíve located below.
As soon as any additional information is received it will be posted on both the CIDAA and the CID Group on FB. God bless Ruben!!

Corner Stone Funeral Chapel & Crematory: 40 Corner Stone Drive,
Ider, Alabama 35981 Phone: (256)-657-4003
http://www.cornerstonefuneralchapel.com/fh/home/home.cfm?fh_id=13585

Fuller Cemetery: Interment
From Interstate 59, exit onto Alabama Hwy 40 (going northwest); turn right onto Alabama Hwy 117. The church will be on the left, one mile past the junction with Alabama Hwy 75, set back about 100 yards. A marker at the road reads ďFuller Cemetery, established by R. W. Fuller in 1892Ē

Friendship Lodge, 26091 John T Reid Parkway, Scottsboro, AL 35768-9313 Tel (256)-574-6025

Wounded Warrior Project: http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

National Law Enforcement Officerís Memorial Fund http://www.nleomf.org/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louis Patalano III (Louispatalanoiii) on Monday, April 09, 2012 - 02:42 pm:  Edit

Got the following bad news from a friend of Ruben Young's a few minutes ago: I am sorry to inform you but Ruben died at approx 12:30 today. Martha Chris and Katie were present. Martha said that Ruben wanted that in lieu of flowers, donations be made to the Wounded Warriors Project. Please disseminate this to whomever you think appropriate.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: