John Daniel Crowe - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): John Daniel Crowe - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 02:31 pm:  Edit

I received a note from Don Rothenflue a few days ago. Don wrote and sent a copy of John Crowe's published obituary not knowing that we had already been notified. I'd like to share Don's note with you. "John and I were some of the last 31st CID members at Ft Sill, OK, which later became Det B, 4th MP Group. I believe that two other CID Agents presently listed in our latest roster would also remember John and me. Those are Tony Held and Eugene Safranski although I'm not sure they go back to the 1963 era. Having retired in 1969, I now reside in Kerrville, TX, with my wife of 60 years, Bettie. We are both fine and should someone still recognize me, please come by or call if you are so inclined. O! Yes, one other former member of the 31st is Bill Joyce whom I believe might be in Florida...hi, Bill. I so look forward to the Newsletter and roster. Thanks to all for their contributions."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Thursday, January 22, 2009 - 03:22 pm:  Edit

CWO (Ret) John Daniel Crowe was born 6 May 1920 in Bonner Springs, Kansas to Malachi and Alice Crowe. Mr Crowe passed away Tuesday, 13 January 2009 in Irving, Texas, with his family by his side. A member of the “Greatest Generation”, he served in the United States Marine Corps 1940 – 1945, and in the U S Army from 1947 until his retirement from the military in 1965. After his military retirement, he was a Certified Polygraph Examiner with Zale’s Corporation until his next retirement in 1986. He was an active member of VFW Post 2494 in Irving, Texas.

Mr. Crowe was predeceased by his parents, six siblings, and 2 wives, Agnes M. Crowe who passed away February 14, 1987, and Naomi Crowe who passed away May 17, 2004. Survivors include one son, Dennis Crowe and wife Noel of Carrollton, Texas; one daughter, Kathi Elmore and husband Jimmy of Heath, Texas; three granddaughters, Stephanie Allen and husband Brent of Carrollton, Texas, Melissa Pearce of Mesquite, Texas, and LeAnne Ramirez and husband Paul of Sachse, Texas; six great-grandchildren, Trevor Allen, Taylor Pearce, Christina Ramirez, Kurt Allen, Tara Pearce, and Julianna Ramirez; one sister, Margaret (Dodo) Larsen of Meadowlands, Minnesota; two “special grandsons”, Frankie Elmore of Irving, Texas, and Tim Elmore of Grand Prairie, Texas; one “special daughter”, Jeannie Smith and husband, Rick of Irving, Texas; and many additional family members and friends.
Services were held on Friday, 16 January 2009 at Donnelly’s Colonial Funeral Home Chapel with burial following at Bluebonnet Hills Memorial Park in Colleyville.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: