Ronald E Decker - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): Ronald E Decker - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil McGuire (Unregistered Guest) on Friday, March 02, 2012 - 06:49 pm:  Edit

Mr. Decker was the consummate professional and the original Mr. Wizard. His students stories could fill a book; but, all would be about how he made them the best examiners possible and better agents. He will not be forgotten.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Weeden Rockwell Nichols (Weeden_nichols) on Thursday, March 01, 2012 - 11:51 pm:  Edit

Ron was a man of tremendous integrity and balance, and possessed of remarkable judgement. He was a first-class colleague to me and all CID agents who served tours on the USAMPS faculty during his tenure there. I liked him a lot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan White (Unregistered Guest) on Friday, February 24, 2012 - 12:12 pm:  Edit

Sad day for the CID Family. We've lost a legend and true hero. My thoughts, prayers and deepest condolences to Mrs Liz Decker and family. Rest in Peace Mr Decker.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By billblake (Unregistered Guest) on Friday, February 24, 2012 - 10:47 am:  Edit

I knew Ron when I was assigned to USAMPS and we were neighbors in South Augusta. You could not ask for a better friend. May he rest in peace.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Sunday, February 26, 2012 - 09:18 am:  Edit

Funeral services for Ronald E Decker, 87, of Anniston, will be 3: PM today, 26 February 2012, in the chapel of Anniston Memorial Funeral Home with the Rev Dr Randy Postell officiating. Burial will be in Anniston Memorial Gardens. The family will receive friends for two hours prior to the service. Mr Decker died Wednesday, 22 February 2012, at Northeast Alabama Regional Medical Center. Mr Decker was preceded in death by his wife, Winnie Arnold Decker; his step-sons, Michael Eldred and Matthew Buckelew; his parents, Elmer E Decker and Bernice Hiller Decker; his sister, Arlene; and his brother, Mark. He is survived by his wife, Elizabeth "Liz" Walden Decker; his daughters, Ms Ronda "Dianne" Robinson, of Dallas, TX; his son, William "Don" Decker, of Los Angeles, CA; step-daughter, Mrs Gena Buckelew Butler and her husband, Art, of Anniston; his brother, Bill and his wife, Ava, and son, Gearhardt; his grandson, Alexander Robinson and step-grandchildren, Nathaniel Buckelew, Cameron Buckelew, John Mark Butler, Mary Beth Butler, and Ethan Butler and several cousins, nieces and nephews. Memorials may be made to the First Baptist Church of Saks Building Fund. Anniston Memorial Funeral Home 3865 US Hwy 431 North Anniston, AL 36206 (256)820-0024

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Friday, February 24, 2012 - 03:36 pm:  Edit

http://www.legacy.com/guestbook/annistonstar/guestbook.aspx?n=ronald-e-decker&pid=156069533&cid=full

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Craig - Forum Moderator (Ccraig) on Friday, February 24, 2012 - 12:15 pm:  Edit

Another True Legend has passed with the times. I met Ron over 50 years ago and we retired from CID the same month and year, in 1969. Ron was a no-nonsense, but very compassionate man. He loved CID, was a great mentor, polygraph instructor, and friend to all CID Agents. Ron Decker was a "class-act", and in my profound opinion was the guiding light that contributed significantly to the DOD Polygraph School, making it the great institution that it is today. Rest in peace Ron. Condolences to Liz, family and friends. Carl

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Busby (Bob_busby) on Friday, February 24, 2012 - 10:30 am:  Edit

I knew Ron after he retired from polygraph, my wife Ann worked with him many times and we visited with Ron every time we got to Anniston...he liked going out for Chinese food...smiles

Ronald E. Decker - Anniston - Funeral services for Ronald E. Decker, 87, will be Sunday at 3 p.m. at Anniston Memorial Funeral Home. Burial will be in Anniston Memorial Gardens. The family will receive friends from 1 p.m. until service time. Anniston Memorial Funeral Home 3865 US Hwy 431 N Anniston, AL 36206 256-820-0024

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Busby (Bob_busby) on Friday, February 24, 2012 - 10:12 am:  Edit

My wife Ann and I knew Ron Decker when he was the Civilian Director of the Polygraph School, Ann worked for him as his admin supervisor, they enjoyed each other at work and had fun after work,we would stop in on Ron every time we were in Anniston, AL and take him out for lunch, he loved Chinese Food...smiles

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Friday, February 24, 2012 - 09:20 am:  Edit

CWO (Ret) Ronald E Decker died February 22, 2012, in Anniston, Alabama. His funeral will be Sunday, February 26, at 3 pm at Anniston Memorial Funeral Home at 3865 US Hwy 431 N, in Anniston.

His Army military police/CID service career began in 1943 and ended with his retirement in 1969 when he retired as director of the USA Polygraph School. He returned to the School as a civilian in 1969 and retired from Civilian Service in 1990. At the time of his retirement he was Deputy Director of the Department of Defense Polygraph Institute. He was very proud of his career in the CID. Pride, Integrity, Guts were his life. He always said the polygraph test was only as good as the examiner. The last two months you could hear him in his sleep instructing his students on how to run an effective polygraph. He would even raise his arm to write on his white board. He would wake up exhausted.

The stories he could tell and loved to tell. He loved all of the investigators and considered you all his brothers and sisters. He loved his instructors and his students. Thank you all for blessing his life the way you did. Mrs. Ronald E. Decker (Liz)

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: