John F Mills - RIP

CIDAA Forum: Deaths (Public): John F Mills - RIP
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bobwallace@bellsouth.net (Unregistered Guest) on Thursday, March 01, 2012 - 09:05 pm:  Edit

On the 17th of February, John's ashes were spread on the eastern shore of Hawaii. John is survived by Tuey, Tik (Jennifer), Tuk(Alicia) and two grandchildren. Tuey, Tik, Tuk, Barbara Wallace (John's sister & my wife) and myself were present at the service. I met John in 1975 while stationed in Thailand. John was in MPI and worked numerous cases with CID. In 1976, both John and I were reassigned to Hawaii. While in Thailand John had applied for CID with strong recommendations from the Thailand CID Office and shortly after arriving in Hawaii he received approval. John and his family fell in love with Hawaii and except for a short assignment in Stockton, CA, John did not leave the island. I worked numerous cases with John from 1975 until I retired in 1985. On the cases that I worked with John, I could not have had a better partner and after 1984, I could not have asked for a better brother-in-law. John was 53 when he started to show signs of the Dementia and with Tuey's help was able to lead a quiet life at home until the last couple of years. In talking with Tuey today, I know that she is reading these postings and remembering the good times that were had with the CID family. Rest in peace John, you are missed very much.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Busby (Bob_busby) on Thursday, March 01, 2012 - 10:34 am:  Edit

Always sorry to here about the loss of one of our own, prayers and best wishes to the family in this time of loss...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Youngblood (Rvyblood) on Sunday, February 26, 2012 - 06:34 pm:  Edit

Yesterday, I had the honor of talking with Patty (Patcharin) Mills, John's widow. It gave me the opportunity to apologize for not properly naming her in my previous posting. We had a few minutes to remember John together, and I was able to extend condolences in person. Again, John and Patty and their family were wonderful, hospitable, caring folks that benefited many. In my mind, John was as good as they get!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Youngblood (Rvyblood) on Saturday, February 18, 2012 - 07:55 am:  Edit

John and Sun were great friends, along with their "little girls", back when we attended several of the ALMC courses for ECISP. John and Sun fed me some of the best Tai home cooking, ever. John was an inspiration. He was a good friend to a lot of folks. My heart goes out to Sun and family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Brown (John_brown) on Friday, February 17, 2012 - 09:26 am:  Edit

Sorry to hear. John was our EC guy when I was in Hawaii District. My condolences to his family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louise "Mickey" Head (Cidaa1) on Thursday, February 16, 2012 - 11:59 am:  Edit

Captain (Ret) John F Mills died at Castle Hospital, Hawaii, on 13 February 2012. John served in Vietnam as a Special Forces Infantry Captain but retired from USACIDC as a CW2. He was 66 and suffered from Parkinson's Dementia for the past 5 years or more. Among the survivors are his spouse, Sun Mills.
(Thanks to Bill Fitzpatrick)

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: